Sign in to follow this  
natswright

X-T30 Autofocus Subject tracking

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm new to this camera and was looking for an autofocus subject tracking mode in video, as tracking in stills mode is supported. I've come to fuji cameras from using Canon kit, namely the 70d and M50, both of which supported subject tracking by simply clicking on an object using the touch screen. For example, if you wanted to video a pet running, subject tracking is very advantageous.

As I understand it, my fuji doesnt support this, except in stills mode. I wonder, do folks here think this is possible with a firmware update? I beleive Sony added similar tracking options to the A6400 this way..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By triptomoon
      I'm new to the Fuji system and I would like to know if it's possible to set a focus zone and tell the camera to "only search for faces in that specific area", instead of hunting everywhere in the image and end up focusing on some passer-by in the background? Also, when face/eye detection isn't hitting the right target, what's the quickest way to manually toggle out of it? I tried moving my focus point with the joystick but the camera would fight me and keep picking up faces in the areas I don't want. Does anyone have a solution with this? I'm using an X-T30. 
    • By Somemorr
      My problem:
      My X-t30 no longer lets me record video. Nothing happens when I push the shutter button in video mode.
      Background:
      - My main use for this camera is for recording video projects at my workplace.
      - I noticed the issue after using the camera as a webcam with a elgato camlink 4k. I had optimised the in-camera settings for use as a webcam during the past months of Zooming everyday.
      My attempted fixes so far:
      - I reverted all my in-camera settings back to my usual, non-webcam settings.
      - I updated the firmware to the latest version.
      -  Many google searches to see if anyone else has had and posted a fix to this issue. 

• By Kasumi3344
      What are the best zoom lenses and prime lenses for 4K 24 FPS video on the XT-4?  I'm looking to duplicate the film days as closely as I can.  The greatest like Steven Spielberg (Schindler's List, E.T. The Extraterrestrial, Duel), John Carpenter (Escape from New York/L.A., Big Trouble in Little China).

I plan to do Black and White, and color.

Thanks.
    • By Nicofit
      Good morning,
      I have a problem with my x-t30
      I'm not able to record any video because after a few second the video is automatically stopped and I can't understand why.
      I can't record more than 8/15 seconds.
      Does anyone know which is the problem?
      Many thanks
      have a nice day
      Nico 
    • By Paul Szilard
      Just curious, is there a significant user base on this site that shoots video and therefore is there (or should it be created??) a Video forum that I couldn't find?
      I happen to be the president of the Sydney Video Makers Club in Australia, and have a keen interest to shoot both video and stills using my Fuji system, having escaped from 20+ years of using Nikon.