[Help] Shooting RAW & film simulation with X-T2

AKXt2

Hello Everyone, 

I just picked up an XT2 and this is my first Fuji camera, really excited about using it. I've been watching a lot of youtube videos and reading forum post to familiarize myself with the camera and its settings. I am very impressed by the film simulations but really confused on how to use them in conjunction with RAW files. I was under the impression that if I shoot RAW+JPEG(Fine/Norma) with a film simulation selected (e.g. Chrome). Simulation is applied to JPEG only and RAW file is pure raw without any processing that I can edit however I want in post processing. But I took the camera out for the first time and realized the film simulation is applied to both JPEG and RAW. Is there a way to shoot with film simulation applied to JPEG but get unprocessed RAW files from XT2? 

Thanks for everyone's help in advance! 

The raw file has (at least) three components:

- the raw data (which doesn't have any film simulation applied),

- metadata which gives all sorts of information about the image including the film simulation in use when the image was taken

- a preview image jpg that image viewers typically use when you look at the raw image (this has the film simulation applied).

The raw file can be processed by a raw converter - Fuji and Adobe (amongst others) have raw converters that can apply any film simulation to the raw data - not just the simulation you used when shooting the image.