patrickwiththecamera

Disable LCD except for when pressing menu button?

Hi all,

I'm messing around with the different options for the view mode (via the viewmode button), but I can't get the setup I want: basically, I want to keep the rear LCD off at all times except when I press the play, menu, or Q button.  Is this possible?  Is there a custom setting somewhere I'm not toggling correctly?

Thanks for suggestions!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By wvoviivovw
      Hello. While using my X-T3 I encountered artifacts in video mode. With a white balance of 2500 and a transition to the blue spectrum, purple spots appear.
      Additional settings: 4k or FullHD, eterna picture prof, S tone -2, iso 640,  diaphragm 2.8-22, DR 400, shutter speed 1\40 - 1\200. Software 3.00
      This is evident on dark objects or on a yellow-green color. In the video, this effect is not visible. With atomos ninja 5 this effect is present. I also filmed this on video. Who faced such a problem? What could it be? 
      Video artifact   (atomos ninja 5) : 
      Thank you in advance.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By EvaWertheimer
      Hi all, I’m new to the forum. I’ve been using my x-t20 for a year now and I am really happy about its capabilities! There is just one little thing that totally annoys me every single time I use this camera. While using the EVF, my nose moves around the focus point, so damn annoying! I can’t find a way to change this, because I rather use the back buttons to move it around. Please please help me out on this one? Looking forward to your replies!
    • By etsteee
      Hi everyone, I'm new to Fujifilm, and not a professional. I bought XA10 on January. There's noise on my camera's LCD while I'm trying to take photos, but when I already took a shot, the result is clear without noise. I mean the results are always clear, but then every time I go back to LCD screen for taking pictures, the noise comes out. Is Fujiflm LCD's normaly like that ? And I've noticed also that my LCD is moving slow, like slow respond while moving. 

FYI : I bought it January, February my camera fell down from my bag and I broke the LCD. I brought it back to Fujifilm for get it fixed and already fixed. But then the selfie mode didn't work, so i brought it back to Fujifilm Service Center for get it fixed. And it also already done, but the problem is like what I said above. 

I just want to know is Fujifilm XA10 LCD are normally like that (even before it fell from my bags but i didn't notice ), or there's something wrong with my LCD ?
    • By joust1154
      Hi, so I shoot mostly using the LCD, from the hip, and I encountered a program today with my XT1's. Somewhat similar to an old post: https://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/1948-x-t1-lcd-fails-when-articulated/

But my situation is a little different. When my LCD is completely flush, in the normal position against the body, it will be totally blacked out/looking like it's off. I've cycled the 'viewmode' and nothing has helped. I did a factory reset and updated the firmware. But I believe I have a body-to-LCD ribbon short.

If I pull the LCD away it will work, but only in a limited range. From angled slightly upwards to completely flat facing upwards to the sky. If it's totally parallel with the body to facing downs toward the ground, the LCD will black out/turn off. I can still take photos when it's like this though. 

I'm pretty sure it's a short in the ribbon — if I push the ribbon around very gently, the screen will go on and off. But anyway, I would like to put this problem out there and see if anyone has encountered it before. The camera has seen a lot of use in the last 3 years, but no drops/damage. Luckily the EVF works normally and used XT1s are pretty cheap now. 

Let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks!
    • By jw432
      What is this blinking red icon on the EVF/LCD?  I cannot find it in the manual.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.