131 replies to this topic

#121 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:30 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

well, mine, and many others haven't, bulged, bent, or come off.

Something is different somewhere.

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

#122 FujiGlitch

FujiGlitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationRotterdam Holland

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:55 PM

Looks like I've made the right decision not to send it in for repair and did it myself.

#123 atadpole13

atadpole13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:22 AM

well, I suppose this issue has naturally run its course. The X-T1 is still for sale and not yet, officially discontinued, but who is buying a new X-T1 now? (they are offering it a €300 discount so for €900 you can buy yesteryear flavor of the month)

Was it a faulty batch? Were user’s or environmental’s causes at play? Fuji has kept schtum about it and hasn’t told anyone what caused the problem.

We will never know what caused it.

Some cameras have had this problem but my hunch is that most haven’t or we wold have had many more public complaints. For the sake of knowledge, Patrick, you may want to start an survey.

Fuji has almost in all cases replaced ( even more than once) the peeled off skin and bulgig door , more often than not for free as this was, most probably, a production defect and they knew it.

I can only hope that they have learned something. Obviously they have now another such problem with the eyecup of the X-pro-2.

They all seem to come off, yes, they are replaced but the camera needs to be sent away for a long time. Some are going the DIY direction but that, I am afraid, in a new camera, will not be a sensible thing to do since it voids the guarantee (this is now mostly immaterial with the X-T1 since the factory’s guarantee has, in most cases, expired... although it can be argued that this is a factory defect and the normal terms don’t apply in this case).

I recently bought an XT1 graphite edition (I'm in Australia). The additional upgraded features of the XT2 and XPro2 wasn't necessary for me, so thought the price/features on the XT1 was good enough.

Unfortunately, had the warping rubber door issue only after 1.5 months of use (bought at the end of August 2016). Serial number 61N00076.

Currently with Fuji for repairs. Service personnel from Fuji has been outstanding, but gutted having to send it in after such a short period of use. First time in 9 years I've been physically without a camera so feeling quite empty atm.

#124 DIWATERS

DIWATERS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:41 AM

I'm another one with this problem. The rubber is peeling off the thumb grip of my XT-1.  DPReview indicates that this is a common problem. 

#125 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:44 AM

It is a problem. How common or wide spread is unknow. Of course you only hear from people whom complain about it, the ones who don’t don’t generally say that they don’t have a problem. I know severa other users whom, like me, don’t have a problem with it.

#126 throwfirewoodatfuji

throwfirewoodatfuji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:36 PM

Hi guys, anyone got a video of the taking off and re-glueing the rubber grip section? Keen to fix mine and I'm pretty handy, but I don't just want to yank it off.

Thanks!

Paul

#127 2CV6

2CV6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:50 PM

I did send in my X-T10 because the rubber on the left side came off propably because of pulling it out of my small carry around bag. Lets wait how Fuji will handle this, the camera is about one and a half year old... Time to clean lenses! 😊

#128 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:08 PM

you mean you broke it, right?

#129 2CV6

2CV6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:59 PM

Not really... The glue lost against the grippy rubber surface 😀 I dont have any other issues with the rest of the rubber through.

#130 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:18 AM

Well, yes, it is one way to put it.

#131 RustyT

RustyT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:26 AM

I've had the same issue, the skin around the display back / dpad buttons has started to slide around and peel away.  The camera is extremely well looked after and is kept in a bag at all times when not shooting.  It's 2 years old and not used particularly heavily and has never been exposed to extreme heat or cold and has only once been exposed to drizzle once, despite being weather resistant. So, I can be confident in saying that this is a manufacturing issue rather than a user issue.

Good news is that I just called Fuji UK and spoke to customer services and they're going to send me out a replacement section of skin (it comes in parts) as well as new tape for free.  I did stress that I thought it was a manufacturing issue and it has been heavily reported.  Wether that influenced them resolving for free I don't know but I'm happy with the manner they've dealt with the issue.

#132 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

some interesting but inexplicable variation, my camera is 3 years old used quite a bit an only now shows minor traces of wear and only by the thumbrest at the right and side of the camera where the thumb is always .

No other place ( I use a L plate with front grip ... still) shows any wear and absolutely NO tear whatsoever. I am not doubting your words but I cannot believe that we are talking of the same camera! I hope this isn’t going to jinx my camera but that is what I have found to be the situation. Incidentally I have another friend who bought the same camera one year and a half later at the same shop and he has no wear whatsoever too, perhaps even less than mine!

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close