Clicky

Photo

People -- Anything about People (Open Thread)

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#161 claude

claude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMission BC Canada

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:41 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Sorry, Claude, I do not like this and it has nothing to do with your photography :D - I wonder, how many of the guests still had an appetite after seeing this.

Sorry George_P I respect your opinion, but my photography has a wide range of subject  :) You may not like the pic but other may appreciated 

#162 George_P

George_P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationBratislava

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:05 PM

Sorry George_P I respect your opinion, but my photography has a wide range of subject  :) You may not like the pic but other may appreciated 

No no no, Claude, you misunderstood me completely. Quite on the contrary - look at my post again please, I said it has nothing to do with your photography. Maybe it is a language issue, I am not a native English speaker. Let me explain.

I like your photos and this one sure has an interesting subject, what I don't like is the lady in charge is made to eat her meal right next to the entrance to the toilettes and it may be unpleasant for her and also for the guests of the restaurant. She should be allowed to take a break and eat her meal in privacy somewhere in the background rooms that are out of sight. Surely the restaurant or herself could sustain the loss of the small petty change caused by a short break. 

Just the same I wouldn't like to see a waiter or a cook eating his meal while sitting at one of the tables in the restaurant, it is not proper I think. I respect all professions performed well and I am at very good and friendly terms with waiters, cooks etc. at the restaurants I visit regularly. I like to give generous tips and I have the waiter put a drink for the cooks on my bill as often as not. But Hungary is an European country and I think the way that cleaning lady is organised is not perfect.

As far as photography is concerned, I am the last one to criticise anything or anybody because I am nothing more than a humble blundering amateur without a clue who is just enjoying his own attempts at learning something about photography from the photographers who are so kind to share their photos and advice on sites like this one. 

No offence intended, I apologise if I posted my comment in an unclear manner. Cheers.

• claude likes this

X-T10 | 8mm | 18-55 | 35/2 | 90 | 50-230 | FlashQ

#163 claude

claude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:58 AM

Kharkiv Metro

EX2 / 14 mm 

Attached Files

• milandro, George_P and frankinfuji like this

#164 claude

claude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:04 AM

No no no, Claude, you misunderstood me completely. Quite on the contrary - look at my post again please, I said it has nothing to do with your photography. Maybe it is a language issue, I am not a native English speaker. Let me explain.

I like your photos and this one sure has an interesting subject, what I don't like is the lady in charge is made to eat her meal right next to the entrance to the toilettes and it may be unpleasant for her and also for the guests of the restaurant. She should be allowed to take a break and eat her meal in privacy somewhere in the background rooms that are out of sight. Surely the restaurant or herself could sustain the loss of the small petty change caused by a short break. 

Just the same I wouldn't like to see a waiter or a cook eating his meal while sitting at one of the tables in the restaurant, it is not proper I think. I respect all professions performed well and I am at very good and friendly terms with waiters, cooks etc. at the restaurants I visit regularly. I like to give generous tips and I have the waiter put a drink for the cooks on my bill as often as not. But Hungary is an European country and I think the way that cleaning lady is organised is not perfect.

As far as photography is concerned, I am the last one to criticise anything or anybody because I am nothing more than a humble blundering amateur without a clue who is just enjoying his own attempts at learning something about photography from the photographers who are so kind to share their photos and advice on sites like this one. 

No offence intended, I apologise if I posted my comment in an unclear manner. Cheers.

No offended, no need to apologise. All good, just  misunderstood !  :D

#165 George_P

George_P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationBratislava

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:57 AM

Curiosity

Must have been some really weird creature swimming in there, the three of them rarely have a common interest  :) 

DSCF3627_ac2k.jpg

DSCF3630_ac2k.jpg

DSCF3632_ac2k.jpg

• frankinfuji likes this

X-T10 | 8mm | 18-55 | 35/2 | 90 | 50-230 | FlashQ

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close