In support of milandro, over here in South Africa we have the right to return any product that is either defective or doesn't perform as expected to the shop where it was bought within a period of six months for either repair, replacement or full refund at the discretion of the purchaser.

"The only Chinese lenses should be the 16-50 and the 50-230.

The rest of the lenses should be made in Japan." A quote from a post by Milandro.

Milandro my 18-135 definitely says made in China !

Edited by Mike G

Meh... who cares about where it is being made if it works well and you don't have any issues with it ?

Beside, what else is NOT made in China these days ? Has anything being made locally with the same price range performed any better ?

I have seen XF lenses made in Japan failing most QC and I know my XF 18-135 is performing perfectly fine for something that was made in China...

• 2 months later...

Has anyone had any problems or issues with the XF 27mm hunting for focus? Mine appears to struggle to focus sometimes even when I am taking landscape shots, is that common?

Depends a lot if there are enough contrast on the scenery, if it's a complete blue sky and your AF is pointed at it, then yes it will hunt. But the same thing would happen to a lot of lenses.