YN560-TX on X-T1 - Canon or Nikon Version?

Hey guys,

I'm about to invest in a new set of YN lights/triggers. I want the 560-TX, but not sure whether it buy the Canon or Nikon Version. As far as I know the Canon version works better. Does the Nikon version work? I DO have a Nikon body that gets used occasionally, so it would be nice to use the Nikon version of the trigger, but I don't mind not using it. 

Thanks in advance!

I suspect that you DO need to buy the Canon model, EttVenter. The instruction book for the YN560-TX has diagrams of the contacts on the Canon and Nikon models, showing clearly the different configuration of pins on each. It then says: "When this controller is used for non-dedicated cameras, it won't support waking the flash up from the camera, and the triggering function will be unrestricted." I take this as meaning that if, for example, you put a Nikon model on a Canon (or Fuji) camera, it will act as a simple triggering device without giving you the various control functions like flash power, zoom etc. Nor will it wake the remote flash up from sleep when the camera shutter is half depressed. Best go for the Canon model. (I'm very pleased with mine, which I'm using on the X-T1 and X100T with a couple of YN-560III flashes.)

I suggest getting RF-603CII in addition to YN560-TX as a means of triggering your flashes, and using YN560-TX off camera (that's what I do). This way you won't have to care about a hot shoe pinout of YN560-TX (get a Nikon one and use it on your Nikon body). RF-603 are much more appropriately sized for mirrorless cameras, and if you get a C1 version (thin jack cable, both ends), you can use it as a remote cable release, too.

I suggest getting RF-603CII in addition to YN560-TX as a means of triggering your flashes, and using YN560-TX off camera (that's what I do). This way you won't have to care about a hot shoe pinout of YN560-TX (get a Nikon one and use it on your Nikon body). RF-603 are much more appropriately sized for mirrorless cameras, and if you get a C1 version (thin jack cable, both ends), you can use it as a remote cable release, too.

So... I have a Nikon Sb700, and a Fuji EF-42.  If i buy the RF it on Amazon this will allow me to fire my D700 remotely, or on the camera, on top of the RF allowing TTL?  All I need is an answer and I'm buying because this Fuji EF42 s.u.c.k.s.

So... I have a Nikon Sb700, and a Fuji EF-42.  If i buy the RF it on Amazon this will allow me to fire my D700 remotely, or on the camera, on top of the RF allowing TTL?  All I need is an answer and I'm buying because this Fuji EF42 s.u.c.k.s.

To fire the camera remotely, you'll need a camera-compatible cable. YN flash triggers have 2 designations: as a singular trigger and as a kit. First one relates to hot shoe pinout (C or N), while second describes a camera cable that comes with the kit. Unfortunately, they just don't sell C kits with N cables.

In short: to fire Nikon D700 using a C-designated trigger, you'll need this cable

I have 2 Nikon mount YN strobes and the one TX that sits on the camera and allows me to adjust zoom and strobe strength.  Mount it on my X-T1.  All works perfect.  I didn't do anything special in the menu to get the YN tx device to trigger the 2 YN strobes when the tx device is mounted on my X-T1.

• 1 year later...

While this is an old thread, I see nothing on here talking about the Nikon version of the YN560-TX.  I find it works perfectly on my X-T1.  I can shoot in CH mode and get flashes at 8 fps through all my groups (assuming I set the power on the YN560-III and -IV flashes low enough to let them recharge.)  It seems either Canon or Nikon models work fine.