Wanted: X100r - weather-resistant version of X100s/t.

Yeah, I was hoping (but realistically not expecting) that WR would be one of the new features when they released the T.  

I take mine out in wet conditions, and it's been fine so far.  I'm not letting rain just blatantly dump on it of course.  I'm trying to keep it dry, but it has gotten some pretty heavy snowfall on it, and some moderate rain on it with no problems at all.  I just make sure to dry it off completely and let it air out immediately after I get back inside.

• 2 weeks later...

Fujifilm will have to cope. Weather resistance will become standart in this (upperclass) of APS-C sensor cameras. The Sony A7000 will be weatherresistant, so the since long awaited X-Pro2 and probably the next X100TW will be WR as well, together with of course a 24 MP sensor. I like my X-100T with its wide and tele adapters.

Most scenic weather events (dew, fog, rain, hail etc) that require a waterproof camera typically have one thing in common: the light level is low.

True enough, but currently there isn't anything much better unless you want to triple the price of your camera by getting a watertight casing.

actually there are watertight cases for not too much money out there , such as the Meikons ( for about $250)

They have one for the X-T1 and one for the X-M1 and the X100S

This one is for the X100S

10890-8.jpg

for the money it costs you might as well use it even just to protect the camera from the rain !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For all I know, Fuji might be reading this forum, but, even if they do, any camera, from the first idea to the moment it comes to fruition, takes years to project and develop.

IF the WR or underwater version of the X100R is in the pipeline already you might get to see it some time soon but it will be  when they at Fuji see it fit to be released.

But, realistically, if not, even if you paint them the most perfect picture of what you want (how about all the other things that other people want? There seems to be quite a few people wishing this that or the other) and start gathering signatures around the world to petition Fuji into this new project, it will take years before such a camera would be released.

The world of commerce is not not a democracy where one can hold a referendum ( and even in democracies that doesn’t always work!). At most we vote with our wallets, you like it, you buy it, you don’t like it you don’t.

I am afraid that we are not in the position to demand to be heard and counted.

Be well, ad be patient. If they want to do something like this, it will be ONLY because they think that there is a market big enough to absorb the huge development costs , if so there will be such thing, if their marketing departmet ( who is much more in touch with the market reality than any of us will ever be) tells them that this is a minority market which they are not interested in covering, there won’t be any such camera no matter how hard you plead in its favor.

In the meantime, if you want to shoot in the rain buy a rain cover, if you want to shoot underwater buy a underwater case.

If you want something that isn’t there you might try to write them:

“ Dear Mr. Fuji... I was wondering if I may interest you in a new idea...  ;) ... "

• 4 months later...

Hoping to see weather-sealing as well since I've got that on my Xperia phone (which has an okayish camera that I'm not too happy with), but always curious if there's any standard for camera weather-sealing. 

Light weather-sealing will do, let's leave underwater photography for another uglier camera.