Just Launched: Affinity Photo (for MAC) now with 2-week promo discount! The PhotoShop Alternative?

Affinity Photo is out... the alternative to PhotoShop? - no subscription needed and with discount for the next 2 weeks

It supports all X-series cameras except the X-T10 for now... but how good is the X-TRANS support? Feel free to drop your feedback in this thread.

More on FujiRumors: http://www.fujirumors.com/just-launched-affinity-photo-for-mac-now-with-2-week-promo-discount-the-photoshop-alternative/

nice to hear, that, yet again, there is another bit of software which has been brought to our attention.

I am getting just a touch weary though of all the software available.

I was PS user for a long time, then I became an Aperture user, then I went to Lightroom.

Of all these things I found out the good and the not so good things but I could really, use all of them or use a simple Pixelmator.

I often see on line wizards and bloggers who are great self declared experts and who illustrate all this expertise with the lamest of the pictures.

When I read the very complex Ansel Adams books, on the technical aspects of (his) photography, at least I knew that he was an incommensurable photographer. He left giant steps behind in his wake, he was a Giant. Some of these people ( I am not referring to the reviewers of this software) are positively photographic pygmies but very vocal about what they sell.

Perhaps I am just getting a little bit confused with all the alternatives and all the variants thrown in the mix each time there is a new firmware update or a new software claiming that they can do wonders for my files.

I haven't used Affinity Photo for importing photos from my X-T1 so I have no comment on it in that regard.

I have been using Affinity Photo for a while for image editing and graphic design. Affinity Photo is fast and agile, is a credible alternative to Photoshop (depends on the user and their needs of course) and costs only $50 ($40 right now). I started with it because I refuse to adopt Adobe's subscription model.

I am still using Lightroom cause it is still available as a purchase not subscription. I have an older version of Photoshop that still works for me, but the writing is on the wall so I started looking for alternatives. I am happy with Affinity Photo. Enough so that I will not be installing Photoshop on my new Macbook Pro. Photoshop has been such a great app for me over the years and besides my cameras, it has been the primary tool with which I made my living for almost 2 decades. Thank you very much Photoshop... and now goodbye.

• 1 month later...

Purchased Affinity about a week ago and I've logged a few hours and I am more than impressed. I can't speak to it's abilities with RAF files (I use Iridient to develop) but most everything else works a treat. Very, very well done and a much better deal than Photoshop, which, let's face it, has morphed into bloated graphic design software. Affinity is very easy to use, very flexible, and powerful. I thought Pixelmator was good, but this is better. (I have no connection to these folks, I just like their work.) Very pleased and I'm excited to see how the software develops - still just version 1.3.5

(Having used Photoshop for 15 years now...)