Where are the 58 presets?

When the 4.0 firmware was presented I was hoping that the X-T1 was going to get these Advanced mode 58 presents ( most of which, admittedly, would be of no use to me but I would happily use at least a couple of those) which are to be found on the X-T10.

Unless they are there somewhere where I haven’t been able to find them (and in that case I would be very happy to be wrong) I don’t think that X-T1 users have been provided with the 4.0 firmware update with these, perhaps not essential, but nevertheless nice to have functions.

Of course there will be those who will tell me that I shouldn’t miss these things and that being a competent photographer I should be able to make up for these and if I am not... then I am an incompetent photographer.

If that is what you are going to contribute to this thread I can only ask you, please to keep this kind of comment for yourself. ;)

I do not think these presets made their way to the X-T1, the X-T10 is a "prosumer" camera while the the X-T1 is supposed for "pro".

In a software design sense, it would be natural for the X-T10 to have them and not the X-T1.

Another thing, is the X-T1 doesn't have have an Auto mode, yes I know about the put ISO, speed and aperture to A but that hardly counts as an auto mode like on most point and shoots.

what’s in a word?

In practice the X-T10 has all the software that the X-T1 has , minus the presets and few other things, and only minor differences in the hardware ( I didn’t buy the camera for its WR or the slightly larger EVF or the possibility to shoot way faster while we are still debating the auto tracking capabilities ). 

So it comes down to the X-T10 having more choices than the X-T1 while costing a whole lot less. 

Maybe I need a X-T10 after all.

58 different ones, I know they exist but I don’t have a manual of the X-T10 to specify them all to you.

One would be certainly like the one on the X-10 that I have (and use) and is one which shoots 2 or three pictures at the same time, on sharp and the other(s) not then and puts them together. Very useful for portraits to enhance even more the blurred part of the image.

I particularly like that on my small X10 , which despite not being a professional camera, as such, gives results , which I personally consider of a very high quality indeed.

what’s in a word?

In practice the X-T10 has all the software that the X-T1 has , minus the presets and few other things, and only minor differences in the hardware ( I didn’t buy the camera for its WR or the slightly larger EVF or the possibility to shoot way faster while we are still debating the auto tracking capabilities ). 

So it comes down to the X-T10 having more choices than the X-T1 while costing a whole lot less. 

Maybe I need a X-T10 after all.

Yes pretty much.

Well they had to put something for the X-T10 only.

In all honesty, if I didn't needed the Weather Sealing for my trips to tropical countries, I would have went for the X-T10, the learning curve would have been easier with the PASM dial.

Umm, there isn't a PASM dial.... the mode is implied by setting the shutter speed or the aperture (or both) to auto or not like most other X cameras.

There is a drive mode dial that gives easy access to shooting speed, filters, bracketing, panorama and a double exposure feature.

And there's an auto switch that enables a built in game where the camera takes a picture and you have to guess how it did it :)

Umm, there isn't a PASM dial.... the mode is implied by setting the shutter speed or the aperture (or both) to auto or not like most other X cameras.

There is a drive mode dial that gives easy access to shooting speed, filters, bracketing, panorama and a double exposure feature.

And there's an auto switch that enables a built in game where the camera takes a picture and you have to guess how it did it :)

Weird... I was pretty sure that there was a PASM dial on the X-T10 on a picture I saw... Well I stand corrected but that do makes me wonder how that information got inserted into my brain to begin with...