How have you modified/accecorized your XT-1?

Exiled

I have put a Lolumina soft release on mine, since I have big hands. I found it too slippery, so I painted it with matte nail polish to get the friction I wanted.

I have a custom length strap from Gordys, which I am greasing over and over again to get it as soft as he one on my X100s

I also back-button focus, but found the AE-L button hard to find, so I glued on half a bead my daughter left in the car s oI can find the button without taking my eye off the viewfinder.

Other than that, the battery grip stays on all the time. My X100s has a Leicatime leather halfcase, a soft release form ThumbsUp, and also a thumb grip. I would like to have a thumb grip on my XT-1 too, but it would get in the way of the back-button focusing.

Anyone else out there with modifications to suit your needs?

I used the OEM grip all the time, huge difference in feel and now carries and shoots just fine.

All the buttons are rather horrible tho, too flush, & poor tactile so will be gluing about 0.5mm thick extensions to everything and maybe even slightly thicker ones for those buttons like Left cursor and AF that are hiding next to a body ridge.  I wish the rear control wheel stuck out more from that same ridge.

Tho I'm in less of a rush to do so now as I found fw 4.0 seems to have handicapped my low light AF by 2 or more EV with my 55-200mm so it'll likely spend more time in the drawer and the old XE1s will be put to more use while I wait for fw v4.1

Battery grip

Lolumina soft release

Peak Design "leash" strap -- works as a sling strap. Lightweight and handy. I found their main Sling Strap product very well made, but overkill for the X-T1.

Made my own vintage-style round eyecups by using Sugru to attach Nikon rubber eyecups to the X-T1's slip-over eyepieces.

(I'd have loved to use Peak Design's hand strap, but the X-T1 doesn't work well with that kind of hand strap.)

There is a video on how to build up the X-T1 buttons with Sugru. It's by Eivind Røhne, an "X-Photographer" in Norway.

Didn't do much on mine. Being asian, I got smaller hands making pretty much all the button easily accessible for me.

I did went to get the optional eye cup and got a glass protector for the back LCD screen.

But something I am currently considering, is to find a way to block the ISO button down, in a semi permanent way, if anyone has information on that part, it would be greatly appreciated.

Since i focus wih the AE-L button, and i don't use any of the other buttons, I have programmed them all to be "focus point selector". That function does the least damage, should i touch a button bt nistake, since touching the shutter then brings me back to shooting.

That is why i only put a bead on the AE-L button.

several accessories here.

Lolumina red shutter release. ( they now have different sizes mine is the 13,5mm one and I love it! Don’t forget to use some thread locking loctite after installing it and you will never lose it!)

Fuji Long Eyecup ( nice, but could have been nicer if even more connecting to the eye and excluding external light even more)

iErnest tan leather strap ( a.f.a.i.k. no longer in production a Dutch handmade luxury item with its unique sock absorbing design, quirky but very well made)

the 60mm macro has a 39mm B+W F+PRO UV filter as a spacer and then a 39-52 adapter ring and then a short 2cm lens hood. This avoids me using the extremely clumsy original filter.

the 35mm has a 52mm vented lens hood this avoids me the use of the original rubber lens hood ( beautiful  but comes off all the time)

Sunwayfoto L bracket and front grip.

screen shield

a spirit level where the flash hot shoe is

I have 2 XT1's, same stuff on each:

Lolumina button

Spiderholster Hand Strap

Really Right Stuff L bracket for Arca Swiss

vertical grip (on 1)

Spiderholster Arca Swiss clamp - I work for a newspaper part time so I use the Spider Holster setup a lot.

Spiderholster Hand Strap

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought that design would work -- they mention on their site that they've found the hand strap not working on mirrorless cameras with the shutter release on the camera's top deck. I tried the Peak Design hand strap (they'd warned me it might not work) and nope -- not usable given the placement of the shutter release, the right-hand strap lug, and where the right hand contacts the camera relative to the strap lug position. Had to take it back. Too bad. Nicely designed strap, that one.

Question to everyone who had those Lolumina shutter button installed, are they really any kind of improvement ? Or is just a form a embellishment of your camera ?

The reasoning behind that question is because I have been pondering about getting one myself I was weighting if there was any real impact on the stability in low light or just go silly with a fancy color on it.

the oversize Lolumina is a great addition to my camera.

For me the quality is not so much “ stability in low light” which I really don’t think is the best thing that a button like this gives you, but the fact that it allows my big hands and fingers (with poor dexterity due to hand problems) to work well with the camera.

I went for the large red one.

If you are afraid to look silly you have inconspicuous solutions too.

I am 120Kg.  183cm bald man often sporting hats. I am used to be conspicuous, no matter of black or whatever other color you may consider less conspicuous, would ever render me stealthy nor do I particularly care to be.

I often wear colorful clothes. 

Question to everyone who had those Lolumina shutter button installed, are they really any kind of improvement ? Or is just a form a embellishment of your camera ?

In the film days I used this kind of accessory all the time. Until cameras began being produced with grips containing buttons that were rounded and tilted forward, "rounding off" the shutter release gave me a feeling of greater control -- less downward motion of the finger required to get the desired effect. I don't know why Fujifilm didn't use a threaded release for the X-T1 as it does for some of its other cameras -- that would make it a lot easier to add a product like the Lolumina button. Perhaps the next "flagship" camera will have that design. Hope so. At any rate I find the Lolumina button a major improvement. Half-pressing the button, and releasing it, are more comfortable now.

Since i focus wih the AE-L button, and i don't use any of the other buttons, I have programmed them all to be "focus point selector". That function does the least damage, should i touch a button bt nistake, since touching the shutter then brings me back to shooting.

That is why i only put a bead on the AE-L button.

Didn't do much on mine. Being asian, I got smaller hands making pretty much all the button easily accessible for me.

I did went to get the optional eye cup and got a glass protector for the back LCD screen.

But something I am currently considering, is to find a way to block the ISO button down, in a semi permanent way, if anyone has information on that part, it would be greatly appreciated.

With firmware 4.0 you can lock any or all combinations of buttons, which I find to be better than setting them to some useless function as some have suggested. Just go to Menu/Setup/Lock/Function Selection, and tick off the buttons you want to lock. Then go to Lock Setting and set the lock to Selected.

With firmware 4.0 you can lock any or all combinations of buttons, which I find to be better than setting them to some useless function as some have suggested. Just go to Menu/Setup/Lock/Function Selection, and tick off the buttons you want to lock. Then go to Lock Setting and set the lock to Selected.

There is a slight misunderstanding here, what I meant was the ability to quickly change the ISO dial setting without having to press down the button to be able to rotate it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The Spiderholster hand strap definitely fits better on my Canons, since the shutter isn't quite as upright, but if I loosen the strap out to the very end it works OK.  It isn't ideal but I love the design of the strap.  Actually, putting the Lolumina button on it made it worse since now my finger has to reach even further up, so I may take it off.

this is a first!

I have seen ( and cringed at it) people blocking by means of gaffer tape or coloring in the Fuji logo... . Putting the logo of another, defunct,  brand ( which might still belong to Kyocera ) on a contemporary camera by another maker is a first.

Why? Well as a working photographer I have found that it does cut down on the number of amateurs asking me about my camera's or my settings while working. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind offering advice but if I am working i am not there to socialize with people who are there just shooting for them self. I am happy to talk to people if I am between things but when people are trying to stop you while you are working it becomes a bit bothersome.

Additionally no need to be so condescending just because it is not something you choose to do. Do you add badges of the gear/manufacturers you like to your forehead so everyone knows what you use/prefer? ....Maybe Fuji could use some more advertising since they don't have the largest market share in the mirror less market. 

why?

Fuji doesn’t need your "advertising “ to be famous and thieves steal cameras and don’t have the time to read which is which.

Do you take the badge off with the name of your car too?

Not about maturity, or about making a statement- just about practicality.  :rolleyes:

No, I don’t add things, I am no longer a adolescent, but I don’t think that blocking brands on the many things that I use is an act of maturity.

Thinking that you would make a statement in this way is... , oh well...! Never mind. :rolleyes:

I've got the Lensmate thumbrest and the Lolumina soft release. I like them both, but the thumbrest has really become my favorite, well-used add-on. Makes it so nice to carry the camera around and have my thumb there to balance the weight on the camera. Soft-release is nice too, makes it easier/takes less effort to press the shutter with it. 

Xt1

how  very bizarre, the reactions to the pic of  my x-t1. just reminds me why I rarely post on various internet fora these days.

the contax badge  was stuck on  with sticky tape as a personal/inside joke.

I've been shooting  film exclusively  using contax 35  and fujica 645 since  the early 80's and only made the switch to digital as my primary  photographic media with the  introduction of X-pro 1.

I still occasionally  dust off and shoot a few  rolls with one of my various generation RTS's,S2b or GS645 compact  folder.

Anywhoo..dunno if anyone else has  noticed (apparently not  by the response) but the  general styling and form of  x-t1 appears much  like a cross between an Contax ST and an Aria.

My wife  teases me that the reason that I chose to get the x-t1 bodies  was so that she wouldn't notice *more* camera bodies appearing on the shelves, confusing them as my old contaxes .

fwiw-The badge  came from  the presentation box of a contax T.

bye.

k