Clicky

Photo
- - - - -

Disappointed with Fuji X-T1 Firmware 4.0? We have tipps for you...

Fuji X-T1

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 izzyosman

izzyosman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:31 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
Hi. I know I'm late to the party to have comments on the firmware, but one thing you should also keep in mind is how the phase detection works only with vertical lines when the camera is in landscape orientation-- so subject tracking will be heavily improved if you are tracking vertical lines. If the subject has more horizontal lines, you will have to have the camera in portrait orientation to take advantage of phase detect af. Xt2 better have cross type pdaf.

#42 A.R.

A.R.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:38 PM

I shot some ice skater yesterday and although I got some in focus shot I also have a lot of oof ones that goes straight to the bin.

Problem is 3x3 zone is simply too 'loose'.

Sure you can argue that I should use single point, but what I think is Fuji needs to implement something like Canon DSLR with 4/8 AF points expansion explained here - http://www.learn.usa...s_article.shtml (Page 2, 4 & 8 points expansion)

Anyway samples below shows what I mean, images from a burst sequence - 

Oh well maybe I'm expecting too much, but I feel there's still plenty of room for improvements if Fuji gives us more flexible AF modes to improve it further.

That happens to me even when shooting not moving subjects using AF-Single set to one point at minimum square dimension (which I don´t why it´s a square instead of a point) specially with wide focal lengths 18-35mm ... The speed is ok, but the AF is still far from being accurate, and at this point I´m not sure if they can fix it with more firmware updates.

#43 JadePixel

JadePixel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:33 AM

So looking at the tips, and the venting over the firmware..  

Seems like PDAF might be the biggest pain, because it's not compatible with so many other features of the camera..  (can't use ES, FD, etc).

Was getting so wrapped up in these "must do" tips before I thought about it and realized I don't spend my days chasing cyclists down the street... :D

#44 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:08 PM

very true, I have shot some cyclists and motorcyclists just for kicks and then returned to what I do more often than not which is sigle shot, no auto-track autofocus if not completely manual focus.

This whole business of the improved AF, in reality, only ever improved the performance of the 60mm autofocus for me.

But of course it was marketed as the panacea for everything for months and so, when it arrived was rather more anticlimactic than most would have liked.

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

Please remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products. They don’t even pay you for this! Nobody really wants to know about the brand and type of your phone or the program that you use to post on the forum.

#45 flysurfer

flysurfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:34 AM

So looking at the tips, and the venting over the firmware..  

Seems like PDAF might be the biggest pain, because it's not compatible with so many other features of the camera..  (can't use ES, FD, etc).

Was getting so wrapped up in these "must do" tips before I thought about it and realized I don't spend my days chasing cyclists down the street... :D

PDAF and ES are perfectly compatible.

Fuji X SecretsX-Pert Corner – Flickr SetsRico's Fujifilm X camera books (use code XPERT40 for a 40% discount)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fuji X-T1

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close