X-H1 annoying feature

An annoying feature of the new wonder machine is “Power Saving Mode” in that when using the LCD or EVF in normal mode after about 10-15 seconds of viewing but otherwise inactivity, the EVF and LCD go into power saving mode and the refresh rate is halved and the view becomes a bit jittery and jerky as the screens then struggle to keep the smoothness of the usual operation! Press a the shutter halfway or the back focus button and the smooth operation returns for a short while

Apparently this is a feature not a fault as Fuji UK support informed me! also this feature happens on the X-T2 as well, this phenomenon doesn’t happen in boost mode. Fuji UK promised to pass on my comments to Japan. I never noticed this on my X-T2!

Hopefully a firmware update will give the opportunity to switch this feature off.

According to Fuji UK support it is a power saving feature! It is I’m afraid disingenuous of Fuji to act as a big brother and not give me the opportunity to turn this feature off, after all there is some control of the power down facility from 5 minutes to off, Fuji why not for the VF + LCD system. From my viewpoint get rid of it altogether!!!

Hopefully some Fuji person will take notice!

I agree entirely, Mike G. At the moment the only way to turn this "feature" off is to put the camera into Boost mode. This is fine on the X-T2, X-Pro2, X100F etc (which also share this "feature"), but leaving the X-H1 in Boost mode drains the battery very quickly indeed.

Interestingly, the feature is described (although rather vaguely) in the manual for the X-Pro2, which is where I first learned about it, but there is no mention whatsoever in the manuals for the X-T2 or X-H1. Not helpful, Fuji!

(Minor irritations aside, though, I'm loving the X-H1.)