Soon to be released 1.4 extender

I've heard no details.  I'm really hoping it will work on the 50-140 though.

Back in my Canon days, I often used the 1.4x with my 70-200.  It allowed my to leave my 300 behind and just add my extender, saving lots of weight in my already overweight pack.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know if this extender could also be aplicable for adapted lenses?

I don`t think so.  If you look at a picture of the adapter it looks like there is some glass that comes closer either to the lens back or the sensor, and depending on the adapter you use, the distance relationship between the glasses, required for it to work, might not be appropriate.  Only my guess... 

The space consuption of this extender in the direction of the lens bottom is amazing. Also the hole of lenses´s backside, e. g. at the XF 100-400, which fits to this extender.

The question seems to be: Does an adapted lens, with mounted adapter, behave like an original lens, also with changed distances to the camera?

The fact that non-Fuji lenses generally have a longer register distance will mean that the 1.4x converter likely WILL fit them. Performance may be another issue altogether, we'll have to wait and see but I expect a lot of people to be trying different lenses once it is released.

• 7 months later...