Clicky

Photo
- - - - -

Available: Tethered Shooting Plug-in for Adobe!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 RichLegg

RichLegg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:51 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Just purchased the extension, it automatically installed through Creative Cloud, and works flawlessly in my quick testing. Using an up-to-date X-T1 paired to a 10.10.4 MacBook Air. This is pretty much the last thing I was able to do with my Canon system, that the FUJI couldn't. Outstanding.

Canon users be sure to note - images will NOT be saved on both the camera and the computer. Only on the computer, so handle the images accordingly.

I once had a renter in our studio shoot tethered with a Nikon (which also doesn't save to camera when tethering) to a computer guest account - and thinking they had the images on their camera card, logged out (and wiped) the guest account after shooting. Images lost. Ugh.

#22 TenLayers

TenLayers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:17 PM

Ok.  Now start working on tethering to something other than LightRoom.

#23 mwsladek

mwsladek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:22 AM

Quick thoughts/troubleshooting:

1. It works!
2. Make sure to turn on sync in Creative Cloud app (link for help on this on Adobe exchange site)
3. CC app takes care of download and install into LR. Slick!
4. Before connecting X-T1 to computer, go to Set-Up Menu 3, and change USB Mode to "Auto"

Some folks are complaining about the $29 price. I'm fine with it. A relatively small set of users need this functionality, so I'm willing to pay a bit for the engineering time/energy to make this feature available. The free firmware updates, which continually improve my X-T1 in everyday use (2 major updates in the 6 months I've had the camera) are where I'd prefer engineering effort focused.

Thanks +Fujifilm and Adobe Lightroom engineering teams for working together on this!

• PeterG and benjaminhoh like this

#24 PeterG

PeterG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:36 AM

Thanks mwsladek, the next step for me will be to wipe and re-install the Adobe suite when I get back and have some more time. The communication between the plugin and camera works excellent but the pictures don't end up in the target folder.

#25 EttVenter

EttVenter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:46 AM

So do I need the HS V5 software for this? Or can I just buy the plugin and skip the HSV5 software? I'm on a Mac as well :)

#26 EttVenter

EttVenter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:54 AM

So do I need the HS V5 software for this? Or can I just buy the plugin and skip the HSV5 software? I'm on a Mac as well :)

Anyone?

#27 salemsen

salemsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:47 PM

No, you DON´T needed HS V5 or something like this, you only need the plugin! :-)

#28 benjaminhoh

benjaminhoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:10 AM

Quick thoughts/troubleshooting:[/size]
1. It works![/size]2. Make sure to turn on sync in Creative Cloud app (link for help on this on Adobe exchange site)[/size]3. CC app takes care of download and install into LR. Slick![/size]4. Before connecting X-T1 to computer, go to Set-Up Menu 3, and change USB Mode to "Auto"[/size]Some folks are complaining about the $29 price. I'm fine with it. A relatively small set of users need this functionality, so I'm willing to pay a bit for the engineering time/energy to make this feature available. The free firmware updates, which continually improve my X-T1 in everyday use (2 major updates in the 6 months I've had the camera) are where I'd prefer engineering effort focused.[/size]
Thanks +Fujifilm and Adobe Lightroom [/size]engineering teams for working together on this![/size]

Hi mwsladek, are you able to view scene in Lightroom before capturing?

#29 awiedl

awiedl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:22 PM

Tethered Capture for Mac users:

I downloaded the Fuji tether shooting plugin for Mac from Adobe Addons and installed it to Lightroom 6.1 (not CC) via Adobe Extension CC. 

Connected the camera  (in the Fuji menu set the USB Mode to PC Shoot Auto) via USB to my Laptop, fired up LR then File > Tethered Capture > Start Tethered Capture. Took a couple of seconds to recognize the Fuji X-T1 and when it did, worked like a charm.

PS. The plugin costs $ 29 which is kind of a drag.

#30 mmann

mmann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:21 PM

Hi,

I do have some problems regarding the installation....

Using Mac 10.9., Lightroom 5. I bought the plug in, and it seems I got an Tether zxp file. But I can't install it to Lightroom.

Creative Cloud is up to date (got another adobe program via cloud).

Adobe wouldn't help, Fuji tried their best.

When clicking on the zxp the Extenstion manager opens, but only shows my Photoshop, no Lightroom is indicated.

When going on (german) "Zusatzmodul-Manager"/Lightroom 5- the zxp file can't be selected.

Anybody an idea what I do wrong?

Thanks!

#31 EttVenter

EttVenter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:55 PM

No, you DON´T needed HS V5 or something like this, you only need the plugin! :-)

Alright - I tested this, and I can now confirm it too! Thanks!

#32 fujirama

fujirama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:51 AM

Wow, I am confused. I have everything installed, and am getting a minibar that shows me exposure info, and gives me a shutter button. Click it, and camera fires. But no files load to the computer, and I have no live view. Any thoughts?

#33 Hamado

Hamado

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:35 AM

Wow, I am confused. I have everything installed, and am getting a minibar that shows me exposure info, and gives me a shutter button. Click it, and camera fires. But no files load to the computer, and I have no live view. Any thoughts?

You would only get live-view on your computer if you bought HS-V5, not the LR add-on

#34 Roberto X-T1

Roberto X-T1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:01 PM

$29.00 it's not fair. THIS SHOULD BE FREE

#35 gobedo

gobedo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:19 AM

OK here it is. You don't need
I just got done installing everything on my 27 in IMac El Capitan.
and my PC and my x-t1 tethers correctly on both. I used
This
Adobe Extension Manager | Download Adobe Extension Manager CC
Adobe Add-ons For Mac
Adobe Add-ons For Windows
Download and install extension manager cc first, you do not need HS-V5
Not sure I explained it good enough, but
Fujifilm X-T1 tutorial: how to shoot tethered to Lightroom for Mac • owen billcliffe photography

Good Luck

#36 gobedo

gobedo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:24 AM

read this link. The same on a Mac or a PC

http://owenbillcliff...-lightroom-mac/

I did it on my IMac and my PC, it worked on both.

#37 gdillin

gdillin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:05 PM

Can the XPro 2 tether? I'm using a late model Mac Air and LR CC

#38 aceflibble

aceflibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:12 AM

Pro2 can't tether. T1 is the only Fuji camera which can do tethered shooting, currently. (And it doesn't work anywhere near well enough.)

I do expect the T2 will support tethering a little better, and the Pro2 should then get an update to support tethering, too. But I still wouldn't expect either camera to do it well. If tethering is a vital part of your workflow, you need to look at Canon, Nikon, or Sony. Consider tethering on a Fuji camera as a bonus, not a proper feature.

Edited by aceflibble, 12 June 2016 - 01:12 AM.

#39 bitcoin

bitcoin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:07 PM

Anyone interested in Fujifilm’s HS-V5 Tethering software … check it out: http://www.ebay.com/itm/222348008351

#40 bitcoin

bitcoin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:46 PM

Anyone interested in Fujifilm’s HS-V5 Tethering software … check it out: http://www.ebay.com/itm/222348008351

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close