X100F Icons in EVF switch off after 1 sec

I have an X100F which is my go-to camera.  At an event this week-end I accidentally locked the camera by unknowingly pressing the Menu button.  This caught me out as I was unaware of this button’s feature.  I then proceeded to press every button until I finally unlocked the camera.  I now have a problem with the EVF when in “Eye Sensor View Mode” in that my customized icons on the EVF screen, such as the histogram, appear for approximately 1 secs and then disappear.  This does not allow time to make an adjustment to Exposure Compensation – a real nuisance.  All the icons show up on the rear LCD screen OK when the eye is removed.  Also, all icons show up on the OVF and stay on.  I can switch on the EVF icons by pressing the AEF/AFL button, but they only stay on for a second.  I’ve checked “Screen Settings – Display Custom Settings – EVF”, and they are in order. 

How do I reset the X100F to keep the EVF icons on continuously when the EVF is in use?  Have I created a bug in my efforts to unlock the camera?  Has anyone else had this problem?  Any help would be appreciate.

I have an answer to my own question.  I visited the offices of Fuji Australia and their technical guy soon found the fix, though it was a new one to him too.  Once “Eye Sensor” is selected using the “View Mode” button, you can switch on/off the icons in the EVF by toggling the Disp/Back button.  This does not affect the view in the OVF or the LCD.