XT-2 WILL NOT SHOOT RAW?

CARA

Merry Christmas.

If you haven't figured it out yet,  just use 2 cards and set JPEG & Raw in the menu. The card in the first slot will be the Raw file with the second slot JPEG.

Then remove the card in the first slot and try to read it on your computer. The computer should see them as RAF files. If so you have raw files. If not you have a problem.

I use older versions of Photoshop so I cant read the RAF files so I use the Adobe DNG Converter to convert them to the Universal Raw file (DNG). Easily read and edited.

Hope this helps  Bob

• 2 weeks later...

I have both my cd cards set to only raw and my cards are set to sequencing. After processing my raw files in either Lightroom CC or One 1 Photo Raw 1 I export my files, once I am happy with my post processing, to JPEG. By exporting my raw files to JPEG I can send them to Flickr, Smugmug or to email.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I am a total Newbie so bear with me, I have my XT-2 set to shoot RAW/JPEG but when I view the files on my SD card I only see files with .JPEG

shouldn't I see two files for each photo one with JPEG and one with RAF extensions?

Thanks, Cara

You will never see the raw file when chimping off the camera back.  Whether you are shooting jpeg/raw on one or two cards.  Won't happen.  I will assume that when you load them into your workstation, you then see both...  Also, on a related note, if you just shoot jpeg, not raw, when you chimp on the back of your display and press to go to 100% if you are only shooting jpeg, the image will only show the small, basic one, not a full sized jpeg -- so what you thought was in focus, after peeping at it may cause some disappointment later on when you are editing>

My lowly suggestion:  Shoot JPEG & RAW, either to the same card, or separate card.  This way you will have a full 100% when you chimp off the back of your LCD.  

later on when you are back at your computer, load the JPEG's in.  Nobody says you have to use/keep the raw files.  Delete them if you don't need them.  

My two cents.