X-T1 Hand Grip

Nero

I have a "regular" sized grip on my X-E2. Excellent ergonomic enhancement, especially combined with the Lensmate thumb rest.

Completely different story with the X-T1. I hated its ergonomics from the day one, so at first I bought a vertical grip to have at least some extra gripping surface (MHG was not available at the time). Once MHGs vent on sale, I've compared them and decided that I like a large one (MHG-XT-Large) better, not the medium. Bought it, installed and… happily ever after. My hands are on a smallish medium size, by the way.

PS: Important ergonomic detail. Unlike DSLRs, where you pass the camera strap between your thumb and an index finger, with Fuji and many other MILCs you have to pass it between index and middle fingers.

Does anyone have feedback on the X-T1 hand grip? Not the large one, just the regular. I have an Arte di Mano half case for better grip right now, but I'm considering switching to the Fuji hand grip.

I've tried the X-T1 grip. It's great but too expensive in relation to it's construction. Now I'm used to built-in grip and I have no regrets I've taken an extra battery instead.

I have a "regular" sized grip on my X-E2. Excellent ergonomic enhancement, especially combined with the Lensmate thumb rest.

Completely different story with the X-T1. I hated its ergonomics from the day one, so at first I bought a vertical grip to have at least some extra gripping surface (MHG was not available at the time). Once MHGs vent on sale, I've compared them and decided that I like a large one (MHG-XT-Large) better, not the medium. Bought it, installed and… happily ever after. My hands are on a smallish medium size, by the way.

PS: Important ergonomic detail. Unlike DSLRs, where you pass the camera strap between your thumb and an index finger, with Fuji and many other MILCs you have to pass it between index and middle fingers.

Thanks for the input, similar hand size for me. I hadn't thought of the larger grip, but I'm going to find one and give it a try for comparison now.

same here, bought the VG-XT1 vertical battery grip, then got the large  MHG-XT. holding the camera feels way comfortable now.

• 2 weeks later...

1030585_zps7jrz5lnf.jpg

i love the confident feeling the supplemental grip gives as it hooks on the fingertips. i got one of the cheaper ones (third-party $19.99) that were the only option for the L-plate. they probably don't use as good a metal as RRS, but they at least feel like a RRS.

(Sent from another Galaxy)

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly guy who posted above, I can't remember if the 27mm focus is external, but if its anything like the 35mm resting the whole camera on top of the lens is probably nott he worlds best idea.

In terms of grips, I had the X-E2 with grip and Lensmate and loved the ergonomics of that setup. I now have X-T1 with medium grip and have found no need to buy a lensmate, the included thumb stop on the back of the x-t1 falls perfectly for me now becuase the extra hieght the grip adds to the base of the camera change my hand position so that it moves down camera body and thumb stop is suddenly in exactly the right place.

Its interseting that Trenton who has same setup as my on X-E2 likes the bigger grip as I would describe myself as having small to medium hands as well. Maybe I will have to order it to try out from Amazon and I can return whichever one I don't like as I am stil in the return window for the medium grip. Hmm

Mind you with my bag setup and I am already finding it harder to get the X-T1 in as opposed to the X-E2. There is even part of me thinking of just ordering the no grip bottom plate, because maybe all I need is the extra height to move my thumb position and then I will be golden and it will allow me to potentially more flexibility in which lens I can carry together.

G