3 replies to this topic

#1 Naddan28

Naddan28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:52 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
Hi

I’m sure loads of you already know this but... the X100F is one hell of an upgrade on the X100S! I’d been on the fence for so long regarding an upgrade, as I’ve got an XT1 and thought it would be a better choice to upgrade etc but one Friday I was at the airport for a city break and saw an X100F for £1130 and decided to bite the bullet.

Over the past 12 months my photography has languished and despite having a love/hate relationship with my X100S it’s been my go to camera for sheer convenience over the past 2yrs, with the last 12m it providing 90% of all my best images.

Yes the new sensor and simulations are nice but what’s completely blown me away is the ergonomics. The new battery, improved AF and focus joystick has absolutely transformed a camera (X100S) from a difficult, love/hate relationship to head over heels romance! Those small changes were something I’d not even really considered when reading reviews/weighing up decisions, so I thought I’d share a quick post to help any other X100S owners out there, thinking and wondering about whether an X100F is worth it.
  • Curiojo likes this
Gear: X100S, XT1, 14mm, 35mm, 56mm, 15-55mm & 50-140mm<p>Flickr: https://www.flickr.c...s/77034028@N07/

#2 dfaye

dfaye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:39 AM

I agree totally. Those apparently small details make all the difference for me, too. I tried hard to love my 100S/T. Now I'm so glad I upgraded to the 100F - a perfect companion for my XPro2.

• Curiojo likes this

#3 Naddan28

Naddan28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:02 AM

I agree totally. Those apparently small details make all the difference for me, too. I tried hard to love my 100S/T. Now I'm so glad I upgraded to the 100F - a perfect companion for my XPro2.

Yep. It’s kind of taken me by surprise in all honesty. I think the biggest challenge now will be the rest of my kit and whether it gets a look in etc. I looked at the T2 long & hard, but decided it didn’t “feel right” so passed on it.

Looking forward to seeing what an X100F heavy year does to my photography & views on gear!
  • Curiojo likes this
Gear: X100S, XT1, 14mm, 35mm, 56mm, 15-55mm & 50-140mm<p>Flickr: https://www.flickr.c...s/77034028@N07/

#4 neal3K

neal3K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationAtlanta Metro

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:42 PM

My X100s changed my photography life.  I went from a vacation photographer (mostly) to a photography nut.

After I had it converted to dual spectrum (infrared/visible), I bought my X100F.  The F is so much easier to use.  I get to compare the two a lot since I usually carry and shoot both with the S only set up for infrared now.

• Curiojo likes this

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close