#1 pete1959

pete1959

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, Ca. USA

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:01 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Go to the first page, bottom right, of the new manual 3.00, and there is a link to a smaller six page PDF manual explaining the new features.

http://fujifilm-dsc....anual/x-t2_v30/

PDF file also attached here.

Attached Files

• Wraithwrider likes this

#2 CDBC

CDBC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:04 AM

Thanks for that Pete, tell me if I'm missing something but is that new X-T2 Firmware available yet? I expected someone would post a link here if that was the case.

• Him likes this

#3 pete1959

pete1959

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:21 AM

Thanks for that Pete, tell me if I'm missing something but is that new X-T2 Firmware available yet? I expected someone would post a link here if that was the case.

http://www.fujifilm..../xt2/index.html

#4 pete1959

pete1959

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:25 AM

Real time live view highlight alert (blinkies) in the EVF.

How nice!!!! 

Set Up>Screen Settings> Disp Custom Setting>Live View Highlight Alert

#5 pete1959

pete1959

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:28 AM

Real time live view highlight alert (blinkies) in the EVF.

How nice!!!! 

Set Up>Screen Settings> Disp Custom Setting>Live View Highlight Alert

That feature, blinkies, seems to function only through the EVF not the LCD.

#6 dfaye

dfaye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:25 PM

That feature, blinkies, seems to function only through the EVF not the LCD.

I thought that at first, but after I'd turned the camera off and on again and cycled through the display screens a couple of times, I found that the blinkies were working on the LCD as well as the EVF. Maybe it just takes the camera a little while to register the change. Anyhow, it's a great addition!

#7 pete1959

pete1959

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:28 PM

I thought that at first, but after I'd turned the camera off and on again and cycled through the display screens a couple of times, I found that the blinkies were working on the LCD as well as the EVF. Maybe it just takes the camera a little while to register the change. Anyhow, it's a great addition!

:D Yup it works great in all view modes. Fantastic addition....!

• dfaye likes this

#8 pete1959

pete1959

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:48 AM

When viewing on LCD cycling thru display modes (disp back).

One option, screen displays blinkies, and one doesn't.

Caused me some wonderment at first too.

If blinkies don't appear on the LCD use "disp back" to cycle to screen that does.

Having blinkies OFF is nice for chimping purposes.

#9 dfaye

dfaye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:02 PM

Yes, works on Custom screen only. I agree: good to be able to change to a screen free of blinkies sometimes!

#10 Wraithwrider

Wraithwrider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:12 AM

I downloaded the new manual and it reads version 2.10 on the cover??

Peter

#11 Mike G

Mike G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:47 PM

So far I have been unable to download a pdf version of the new manual, but only as a web page which I have bookmarked in Safari!

Every time I try to save this pdf I only end up as a 4 page menus only pdf!

#12 Sapphire73

Sapphire73

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:12 PM

Wraithwrider, I was able to download the pdf file that pete1959 attached to his original post. I also followed the link that he provided, and Fuji offers two PDF downloads there. The first pdf is the user manual that reads version 2.10 on the cover. The second is the new features guide. Here is the link directly to the new features guide. (MikeG, does this link work for you?) 

P.S. I have not updated the firmware yet for my XT-2 - just been too busy to grapple with it - but I am really looking forward to trying out the new features (provided in this update and the previous one).

Edited by Sapphire73, 04 December 2017 - 03:16 PM.

• Wraithwrider likes this

#13 Wraithwrider

Wraithwrider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:28 PM

Wraithwrider, I was able to download the pdf file that pete1959 attached to his original post. I also followed the link that he provided, and Fuji offers two PDF downloads there. The first pdf is the user manual that reads version 2.10 on the cover. The second is the new features guide. Here is the link directly to the new features guide. (MikeG, does this link work for you?) 

P.S. I have not updated the firmware yet for my XT-2 - just been too busy to grapple with it - but I am really looking forward to trying out the new features (provided in this update and the previous one).

Thank you. So version 3.0 is at the moment web based and not pdf. I understand, I think :)

#14 Mike G

Mike G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:28 PM

Wraithwrider, I was able to download the pdf file that pete1959 attached to his original post. I also followed the link that he provided, and Fuji offers two PDF downloads there. The first pdf is the user manual that reads version 2.10 on the cover. The second is the new features guide. Here is the link directly to the new features guide. (MikeG, does this link work for )

Yes it does but there is a full version 3 of the manual, but it seems to be only web based at the moment. I have tried to download a pdf that I can utilise in iBooks, but no go, all I get is the index to the new version of the manual, really annoying.

Note the front cover of the web based manual!

Attached File  D3AFEB6B-E2EA-455C-8848-E0CF99918843.png   790.6KB   1 downloads

Edited by Mike G, 04 December 2017 - 06:31 PM.

#15 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:34 PM

Mike, this the PDF, it might have escaped your attention

http://fujifilm-dsc...._omw_en_s_f.pdf

If you think you cannot download it open the page above

you go the the menu “ File....” it should be the third one from the left ( I have my mac on another language but It doesn’t matter)” scroll until you find Export as PDF.

This very useful function allows you to download almost any internet page as a PDF file

Edited by milandro, 04 December 2017 - 06:38 PM.

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#16 Sapphire73

Sapphire73

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:33 PM

Yes it does but there is a full version 3 of the manual, but it seems to be only web based at the moment. I have tried to download a pdf that I can utilise in iBooks, but no go, all I get is the index to the new version of the manual, really annoying.

MikeG, now I can see why you are frustrated! Nice to be able to access it but will only let you open one menu item at a time - online. Hope they create a pdf of the full manual for version 3 soon. It is nice to be able to access this kind of thing offline and one doesn't always have cell service or wifi available.

Edited by Sapphire73, 04 December 2017 - 08:26 PM.

#17 Spike666

Spike666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:43 PM

MikeG, now I can see why you are frustrated! Nice to be able to access it but will only let you open one menu item at a time - online. Hope they create a pdf of the full manual for version 3 soon. It is nice to be able to access this kind of thing offline and one doesn't always have cell service or wifi available.

If you have a Mac, it's easy enough to drop the new pages into the earlier manual in the appropriate places. Both PDFs are locked but that can be bypassed by Print->Save to PDF and the output of that will not be locked. Not sure how easy this is on a PC.

#18 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:00 PM

They have created a PDF!

Follow my advise and you no longer will be frustrated it is really simple (at least on a Mac) and Mike G has a Mac, I know that.

Edited by milandro, 05 December 2017 - 08:27 PM.

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#19 jlmphotos

jlmphotos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationTime Split between New Jersey and Maine

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:57 PM

This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for!  Thank you for posting this.

Jorge L. Moro   | X-T1 |  X-T2 | 18-55 |  Zeiss 12/2.8  |  Fuji 16 1.4  |   Fuji 23 1.4 | Fuji 35 1.4 | Fuji 60 2.4 Macro | Fuji 55-200  |

My websitexshooters blog  |  Flickr  | 

#20 Wraithwrider

Wraithwrider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:38 PM

They have created a PDF!

Follow my advise and you no longer will be frustrated it is really simple (at least on a Mac) and Mike G has a Mac, I know that.

That's great and I think we know this. It's the new features guide not the new, .pdf V 3.0 manual 

Hopefully the manual will follow shortly.

Edited by Wraithwrider, 05 December 2017 - 09:42 PM.