16 replies to this topic

#1 Woodworth

Woodworth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:33 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

I have noticed that some pictures (such as the ones I have uploaded)  aren't visible when I'm signed out, whereas others are always visible.

Please can you tell me, how do I upload my pictures so that they are always visible?

I appreciate that is is probably a terrible bore for those who have contributed to a similar post in the past, but I'd be grateful for your help.

Thanks!

Edited by Woodworth, 30 November 2017 - 03:34 PM.

Chris

#2 Woodworth

Woodworth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:53 AM

Really? No-one know? Not even Patrick? Wow!

Chris

#3 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:21 AM

As I understand there are two ways of adding pictures to your post. First, you specify a link to the picture published on some website, let say Flickr. In this case even unregistered user may see it. The second way is to download your picture directly to this site and it stores in some local to this site storage. In this case, you couldn't see this kind of pictures when not logged in.

#4 Woodworth

Woodworth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:02 PM

The trouble is that I get this message when I do that: "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." when using this button (see pic).

Attached Files

Edited by Woodworth, 01 December 2017 - 12:03 PM.

Chris

#5 Woodworth

Woodworth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:03 PM

Is there a better way?

Chris

#6 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:39 PM

you can drag and drop any picture ( so you don’t ned to click on the icon first), but it still tell you that you are not allowed to use that picture, the funny thing is that this is also sometimes from https://www.fujirumors.com

I logged out ands still see this

Fujifilm-X-H1-720x507.jpg

Edited by milandro, 01 December 2017 - 08:40 PM.

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#7 Woodworth

Woodworth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:42 PM

Tried drag and drop and it wouldn't post. Got the "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." message again. I must be doing something wrong but I don't get this problem on other forums.

Chris

#8 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:38 AM

you aren’t doing anything wrong.

It depends on the Picture. The one above didn’t have an extension that is “ forbidden” other do.

We didn’t always have that but at some stage the administrators introduced this feature.

There was an instance in which the administration were threatened with legal action by a photographic agency ( which should know better since this is a non commercial use), after a while this particular filter was used.

I don’t know how it works but it doesn’t apply to all images, so I normally fiddle a round with a few until the system lets me do what I want.

I am trying now and I get the message all the time with puzzled people or question marks shutterstock_116145370-question-mark.jpg

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#9 Woodworth

Woodworth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:55 AM

It's just a .jpg file, like the one you posted. I'm using a Mac, maybe Mac users need to do it a different way?

To re-iterate, am I right in thinking that you drag a file from your desktop and drop it into this dialogue box and click "Post"? Then it works for you (but not for me)?

Chris

#10 Woodworth

Woodworth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:59 AM

Failed attempt!

Edited by Woodworth, 02 December 2017 - 12:04 PM.

Chris

#11 Arthur

Arthur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:09 PM

Let me try.
Can you see it?
It's just "Choose this file" and "Attach this file", then "Preview post" and "Add reply".

Attached Files

#12 Woodworth

Woodworth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:18 PM

Let me try.
Can you see it?
It's just "Choose this file" and "Attach this file", then "Preview post" and "Add reply".

Referring to my op "I have noticed that some pictures (such as the ones I have uploaded)  aren't visible when I'm signed out, whereas others are always visible.

Please can you tell me, how do I upload my pictures so that they are always visible?", your picture is not visible when not signed in. I've succeeded in posting pictures in the way you have but not so that they are always visible (signed in or not). That is where I am struggling.

Chris

#13 Woodworth

Woodworth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:46 PM

Still not working.

Edited by Woodworth, 04 December 2017 - 12:49 PM.

Chris

#14 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:56 PM

http://www.chrislewi...5c7b5#h9e65c7b5

drag and drop prom the page above doesn’t work, no

Edited by milandro, 04 December 2017 - 12:59 PM.

To all TAPATALK users

#15 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:59 PM

from my blog seems to work just fine

It has to be an incompatibility with your site and this one

Ijmuiden%2B1%2BB%2526N%2Bpiccola.jpg

Edited by milandro, 04 December 2017 - 01:00 PM.

To all TAPATALK users

#16 Woodworth

Woodworth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:26 PM

f1c495_14f57384fe93440e80254e0f37e0c93b~

Success!!!

All it took was using a different site to host some photos! Thanks all for your help. Obviously the choice of website/blog/photo hosting site is quite important.

Edited by Woodworth, 04 December 2017 - 06:28 PM.

Chris

#17 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:27 PM

voilà

To all TAPATALK users

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close