ON1 Photo Raw 2018 Rocks! Review and comparison to Lightroom

Hi All,

I recently returned from presenting at the Arizona Highways photo symposium in Phoenix. One of my topics was A New Age in Raw Workflow with ON1 Photo Raw.

Based on this I just posted a review of the new 2018 version being released today (Nov 9, 2017) I also have a Fujifilm section in it. Of course the rest of the review also applies to a Fuji-X-Trans-centric workflow.

If can't wait to read the review or don't want to here's a free 30 day trial- full release version:) ON1 is also offering a bunch of freebies if you buy it or upgrade.

Hope you find the review useful!

Cheers,
Joel
Edited by AZWolf

I just added some more info to the Fuji section of my review. As soon as I finish my comparison of different raw processors for Fuji raw, I'll post it here. In my last raw processor comparison I mainly focused on image quality but in my next one I'll address things like color accuracy, workflow efficiency, etc.

Joel

Edited by AZWolf

• 9 months later...

I've been using 2018.5 and onwards and am loving it. It's a really great workflow and handles Fuji RAFs pretty well. It does some things a lot better than Lightroom.

I just wish they'd focus more on fixing bugs than adding features.

It's also worth grabbing a once-off Plus sub just for the extra tutorial content, especially Jim Welninski's Architecture series - even if you're not into that he really gets you thinking about what why and how you're shooting things.