Command Dial Setting

dcampog

I have a brand new X-T2 which I am learning to use and I have a problem with the setting of the Command Dials.

The current settings indicate the front command dial for the aperture and the rear one for the shutter speed. However, if the rear one effectively changes the shutter speed, when I turn the front one the aperture never changes (I have to do it manually on the lens itself). Any idea ?

Thanks.

Although on the X-T20 the Rear Command Dial supplements the Shutter Speed control on the top plate if it is set to “T”,  aperture control is restricted to the lens ring. However it comes into use for lenses without an aperture ring.

If you have such a lens and need more help in setting it up please come back as it can be quite complicated to understand the way this is done.

Although on the X-T20 the Rear Command Dial supplements the Shutter Speed control on the top plate if it is set to “T”,  aperture control is restricted to the lens ring. However it comes into use for lenses without an aperture ring.

If you have such a lens and need more help in setting it up please come back as it can be quite complicated to understand the way this is done.

Many thanks. Indeed I have a lens with an aperture ring, which explains why the rear dial doesn't change the aperture.