Custom settings help

I am in love with the X-T2 sensor, but.... maybe I don't know where to look.

This is my problem:

I have to switch fast from 1 set of settings to another and back - from flash to no flash, aperture priority to manual with set settings. And the fact that I have to turn 2 different wheels (ISO and shutter speed), switch the flash on and off and set a different aperture, in the dark is a big problem for me. On Canon DSLR and Sony (A7II and A6000), there is just a wheel rotation from C1 to C2. I don't even have to look at the wheel. 

Is there something that I am missing to see? It seems more important to me to have this in Custom settings than Color profiles and shadows and highlights, a whole menu for jpeg.... Which is useless to me as I shoot raw and have camera profiles set.

Thank you!

Hi Alex,

The answer to your problem is to use the 'Q' menu.   Set up your various shooting settings and save up to 7 on the 'Q' menu as custom settings.

Start with reading page 239 in the manual but I'm sure that many others will offer advice.

Roger

Hi, Roger,

Q menu doesn't provide what I need... except the flash to be on and off... I cannot change the mode that I'm shooting in (A,M,P,S), no ISO, no shutter speed setting, no aperture setting.

In the Q menu I have a lot of useless (for me) settings, as I shoot raw exclusively. I really don't know why on earth do I have to have direct access to Image size and quality, grain, DR, highlights, shadows, film sim etc. I've read the manual already.

Edited by alex_da_fixeru

Hi Alex, No you're not missing anything. At the moment the Fuji custom settings have only a limited range of features which, as you note, are applicable to JPEG only. Like you, I miss the Canon custom settings, but I guess the problem with the XT range of cameras is that so many of the basic settings are set by the various external wheels: custom settings of the Canon type would have to be able to overrule the wheel settings, and maybe that's problematical. Perhaps we might hope for some improved custom settings on the XPro range, though?

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, and this is something that I and others have been clamoring for, is the Q menu settings don't always remain.  Any changes you make to to ISO as an example in say C1, and you switch to C2, the ISO will not go to whatever you had C2 set, but stay and the changed ISO.

This honestly sucks big time.  I for one would like my C1, C2, etc. to be able to lock in the settings similar to Canon and Nikon cameras.

I'm sure it just requires a firmware upgrade -- but for some reason, FUJI just doesn't get it.