• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ullmandds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:42 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

hey all...i'm planning for my s. african safari trip...and I don't think I own a suitable bag.  I will likely be bringing the following:

xt2 body

xt1 body

18-135 or 18-55

not sure bout 10-24

27mm 2.8

6-8 batteries

canon s120

small tripod maybe

I realise this seems like a lot of stuff...I'd like to go as small a bag as possible...likely a backpack.

Any advice?

#2 cale33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationPlantation, Florida

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

I'm sorry no one has given you an answer.  When I was in Africa, I had 2 bags.  You can get everything except the tripod and the big 100-400 in a small backpack.  I saved the big guy for when I was in a jeep.  If I got out, I just used the handheld items and left the 100-400 behind.  As for backpacks, I gave up on the ones made for camera equipment.  They are too big for mirrorless and I like to travel as light as I can, especially in Africa where we walked for miles.  The animals were so close I didn't need a tele.  Nylon packs are often padded and have lots of pockets for batteries, etc.  I can even stick primes in the pockets.  I would take the 10-24 as there were some huge vistas of rock formations that needed a wide lens.

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close