tele converters

I have a Fuji x-t10 and a 55-200 lens. I hoped to add 2x tele converter, but found that the fuji converter is not compatible with this lens. Is there a third party that makes a 2x converter for the x-t10 that is compatible with this lens? The Fuji lenses compatible with the Fuji converter aare unfortunately out of my financial league!!

Richard

there are no other autofocus teleconverters and even if there was a non autofocus converter you can’t use auto focus fuji lenses in manual without connection to the camera because they are focus by wire ( I think they all are, even those with a clutch).

Apparently there is a good reason not to have general purpose teleconverters (as opposed to one specially suited to one lens) and that is that there is little to no advantage in terms of resolution.

In other words by using the converter you lose more resolution than you would by cropping.

You could adapt a manual focus lens with an extended range but it would be manual focus. Again, there are no autofocus options yet (aside from Zeiss) with any other lens on Fuji.

No, it's physically impossible. A teleconverter will protrude inside the lens, which means that there must be enough room between the teleconverter front element and the lens rear element:

fujifilm_xf_1_4x_tc_wr_1191421.jpg

The only lenses by Fujifilm that are compatible with a teleconverter are the 100-400mm, the 50-140mm and the 80mm macro. The 55-200, sadly, isn't.

Some third party lenses might also be compatible, like the Samyang 135mm in Fuji X mount.

As far as I know, there is no third party teleconverter available for Fuji (yet), and even it there was, they would have more or less the same shape as Fuji's, due to optical constraints. So I doubt they'd be compatible either.

Also, mounting a teleconverter reduces the amount of light available. For a 55-200, which isn't a very bright lens, a 2x teleconverter would make the lens hardly useful, due to the smaller aperture. Therefore, it wouldn't be a very wise investment.

If you want more reach with your X-T10, and since the 100-400 and 50-140 lenses are not an option, you can try adapting a cheaper lens from another brand. Canon has lots of inexpensive telephoto lenses, as well as Nikon. The only thing is that it won't support autofocus and optical stabilisation (if the lens features it).

I adapted a Nikon 70-300 and the quality was great! However, manual focus can be boring... Cf. http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/5487-fuji-x-t1-x-nikon-70-300/