• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mupzoidolphy

mupzoidolphy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:34 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
Hi all. Just received my X-E3 and everything seems good ... except my up-to-date CC Lightroom can't seem to import the compressed RAW files directly from camera. It shows the thumbnails (shooting fine + RAW) but gives an error message after I try to import. I know the E3 is a new camera but the Fuji compressed RAW have been around for a while.

Any ideas? One piece of info is that the memory card was not new; it had some older uncompressed RAW files too.

Thanks.

#2 redsim74

redsim74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

It's not unusual for minor format differences to cause image import to fail in any image software. If you're using compressed RAW you'll likely just have to wait for support.

#3 Datsenko Tetiana

Datsenko Tetiana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:50 PM

I have common problem with XE3 and any raw converter on Mac OS X High Sierra, because Apple not support this camera officially. Unfortunately, Fujifilm utilities are useless too.

#4 palmyjon

palmyjon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:13 AM

MacOS High Sierra will import the X-E3 JPEGs happily but Apple hasn't updated their RAW engine yet. There are other software makers who do support the uncompressed RAW files. I have been testing Luminar 2018 and it handles the X-E3 RAW files pretty well but is a bit slow with them.

Don't use RAW+JPEG either, compressed or uncompressed with MacOS as the JPEGS will be ignored and not imported in to Photos.

#5 GDawdle

GDawdle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:57 AM

iridient x transformer is a good companion for that kind of situation. And it doesn’t cost an arm.
  • mallyph likes this

#6 mallyph

mallyph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:42 PM

MacOS High Sierra will import the X-E3 JPEGs happily but Apple hasn't updated their RAW engine yet. There are other software makers who do support the uncompressed RAW files. I have been testing Luminar 2018 and it handles the X-E3 RAW files pretty well but is a bit slow with them.

Don't use RAW+JPEG either, compressed or uncompressed with MacOS as the JPEGS will be ignored and not imported in to Photos.

I use Luminar 2018 on mac os and when I try to open a X-E3 raw file it only actually opens the jpeg side-car file that is embedded in the raw file, you can tell that Luminar is not actually using the raw file, by opening the develop filter, with a raw file the filter should be called Raw - Develop, when Luminar uses a jpeg file the filter is just called Develop. Also the photos app in mac os high sierra will not import X-E3 raw files, it says they are unsupported, high sierra will let you copy X-E3 raw files into it but its actual photo app will not import them even with high sierra 10.13.2.  Luminar uses the Raw engine that comes with Mac OS.  Lightroom will open the files because that uses its own raw engine, Mac OS raw engine so far does not support X-E3.  https://support.appl.../en-us/HT207972

Edited by mallyph, 07 December 2017 - 09:45 PM.

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close