Card read errors on both primary and secondary cards

Hello folks

I've a question about card read errors on an xpro2. I've a sandisk extreme 64 as a primary card and i have the xpro2 writing a backup copy to a sandisk extreme 128. All has been fine until today.

While reviewing today's photos i found 40 photos generating read errors on the primary card and the exact same 40 on the backup also are giving read errors. The photos before and after this set are fine.

I suppose the problem is with the camera. Has anyone else seen this happen? Unfortunately i'm travelling and have no backup camera.

My plan is to switch out the cards, reformat, and continue on until i return home then send it to fuji service. By the way, this will be the camera's third trip to Fuji service.

Anyone have some wisdom to share?

Thanks,

James

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum as of today, however find that I also have today experienced the same card read error as Jrgston report however only with card in the primary slot 1, using Sandisk Extreame pro 64 cards. The back up RAW files on slot 2 were fine. I have reformatted both cards and will try again, any other ideas?

Shane

• 2 weeks later...

I had similar issues with two Lexar cards, rated UHS-II in both an X-Pro2 and an X-T1. Cameras would freeze, writes take forever and cameras would get hot to the touch. Only removing the battery fixed the issue (temporarily).

I stopped using the cards and switched to Sandisk (UHS-I) cards.

Just to check: are your cards UHS-II?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who posted. Funny thing, I got home from my travels and both cards were fine in that I was able to copy all my photos with no errors. Yet the Fuji wouldn't show the same 40 images from either primary or backup card.

So for me the take home is don't trust the Fuji when it cannot display an image.

I'm also buying some new SanDisks.