Fuji X-PRO 2 will come only in to 2016 (trusted source) – waiting for the Sony A7000 sensor?

Patrick FR

I should hire you as rumor-hunter for FR ;)

Actually yesterday afternoon I was out with the SAR guy. We talked about this, too. In fact, he already told me about the "6 months delay" for other companies using Sony sensors in 2013, and I reported here: http://www.fujirumors.com/x-roadmap-20142015-weather-sealed-lenses-and-full-frame-x/

Now all we have to be sure of, is that the X-PRO2 will use the Sony A7000 sensor, and not something organic or whatever.

Anyway... you were quickier than FR to report... so, Chapeau!

OK, let's try to stay calm....  :mellow:

If the sensor in the a7000 is "new technology" this logically means: BSI, copper wiring, better PD-AF performance, moderately increased DR, ISO, Color performace. Basically a APS-C analog of their newest a7Rii sensor. Could it also be >24Mp? No info on that yet.

I'm pretty confident Fuji can deliver a much better performing result (on the IQ department), using the same core Sony sensor. And of course, there is no comparison between the two lens line-ups. Even if I wasn't a Fuji X shooter, I'd still wait and buy the Fuji. I'm sure the a7000 will steal some sales from the X-Pro2/X-T2 though.  

Personally, I hope the prices for the X-T1  drop even further, so I can get one in the next couple of months; having improved AF performance would be important if I'm going to use Fujis for more types of shootings and I can always keep it as a second body even if I get the X-T2 in the future.

Patrick

Na its all good you do an outstanding job and I was guessing you got it from a source, but thanks for the shout out. I am just happy that my powers of deduction had a good day for a change :)

Eyesclouded

I agree 100% I will still buy the Fuji and not the A7000 hell I bought the X-E2 instead of the A6000 and am very happy with that decision, why

Colours

Sharpness

Lens Ecosystem

Control System

Unless the A7000 magically adresses all of those, Sony brings out identical quality APS lens to my current lens line up and offers me a 1 for 1 swap at no extra cost when i purchase the A7000 then I think its going to be the proverbial cold day in hell before I swap systems :)

G

Ps

I now officailly hate Wikileaks as that is probably teh reason they put it back just to make a point.

Who know maybe the organice sensor will be finished given the extra time and they can bypass Sony :)

Must be so frustrating for Fuji, I wander how many of the other times they were ready to release the X-Pro 2 and they have had to wait. It kinda explains the X-T10 and all the other X-Trans ii bodies that have been flooding out while they twiddle their fingers.

Still it could be a positive as in the X-Pro2 if it has been ready to go for a while might already have a years worth of behind the scenes Kaizen out the gate :)

To answer the question about which bits are Sony which bits are fuji/toshiba the below might be helpful a sensor has components.

If you look at below diagram the front illunminated side Sony probably make the LIght recieving substrate and surface and probably wiring. Fuji/Toshiba make the colour filter and on chip lens, this is why we have the X-Trans pattern as opposed to Bayer becuase essentially Fuji have customized it to create their own take on the sensor and given how everyone raves about Fuji colour, they obviously got it right.

Its interesting that 2 of the sensors everyone raves about for colour X-Trans and the Sensor in the Leica M9 both were developed either solely or in conjunction with a old-school film manufacturer. X-Trans = partly Fuji, Leica = Kodak. Sometimes knowledge and experience counts even in a new field.

sony-backlit-cmos-sensor-cross-section-0

I hate to say it but the X-pro 2 is beginning to feel like a mythological beast. The problem for Fuji is that this only ups the ante on expectations.

If this thing is not truly amazing they will sacrifice a lot of good will, and of course the jackals will have a feeding frenzy.

They have to produce a unicorn because even a nice pony will be eaten alive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hate to say it but the X-pro 2 is beginning to feel like a mythological beast. The problem for Fuji is that this only ups the ante on expectations.

If this thing is not truly amazing they will sacrifice a lot of good will, and of course the jackals will have a feeding frenzy.

They have to produce a unicorn because even a nice pony will be eaten alive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It'll be good.