6 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick FR

Patrick FR

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 883 posts
  • LocationTOP SECRET

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Fujifilm Now Working on Fujifilm X-T100

Did we need this?

http://www.fujirumor...ujifilm-x-t100/

#2 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:07 AM

We really don’t know anything other than the name.

Probably we don’t need this camera if it has an older sensor ( in which case buy used or left over in shops I am still hanging on my XT1 and still see no reason to upgrade). 

Maybe this is one of the cameras that later will be known as: “ What the hell were they thinking” model. 

I see someone in the “ discussion” http://www.fujirumor...ujifilm-x-t100/ who thinks this might be a compact with a built in zoom.

Well, Fuji lost lots of money on the X10-20-30 ( I liked my X10 for what it was and could do) so I don’t think that they are going to repeat the experiment with a larger sensor ( par of the appeal was the size).

There is certainly a scope for a cheaper X camera for the Asian markets in particular Thailand  ( Which have always favored the XA series), maybe that’s what they are thinking? But one of the most important selling points there is the LCD tilting towards the subject for selfie purposes. But since the XA3 has a different sensor ( but 24Mp) it might fit somewhere in there somehow.

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#3 Patrick FR

Patrick FR

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 883 posts
  • LocationTOP SECRET

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:24 AM

I think it's something aimed to compete with the Sony's A500/6000 out there.

And considering that the Sony A5/6000 are consistently the best sellers at AmazonUS, maybe the X-T100 is not a bad idea at all. Could bring lots of new customers to Fujifilm

#4 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

€500 including lens?

If they can pull it off.

All the cameras they tried before in this price class  ( XA and XM ) only sold because they had flashy colors and their sales were mostly concentrated in Thailand ( for some reasons).

I think that they are getting their demographics wrong , but time will tell.

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#5 Tikcus

Tikcus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:01 AM

Fuji released the X-A10, which as far as i can tell is very similar to the X-A1/2 - using up old sensors in a new model at a lower price point?

If the X-T100 is an interchangeable lens camera, it is possible they are doing the same thing with Xtrans2 sensors to create a cheaper entry level point with a revamped X-T10

"Share what you have learnt"

My Flickr

#6 Patrick FR

Patrick FR

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 883 posts
  • LocationTOP SECRET

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:40 PM

Fujifilm X-T100 Currently Planed with Bayer Sensor

http://www.fujirumor...d-bayer-sensor/

#7 Woodworth

Woodworth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:00 PM

Fujifilm X-T100 Currently Planed with Bayer Sensor

http://www.fujirumor...d-bayer-sensor/

I don't use a Bayer Sensor to plane my wood, my wood plane works so much better!  :P  So, a planed X-T100 would be an interestingly slim camera  :D ! I think you mean planned (2x n)! Sorry I know it's not your mother tongue but I had to laugh!

• KateB likes this

Chris

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close