Cleaning sensor myself - product advice

drandyperry

Hi, before my x-t2 I've been used to pro end dslrs which seem to resist dust and dirt build up a bit more due to the mirror blocking the dirt path when a lens is off. Due to this reducing the frequency of a clean and my dslrs costing a fair bit more I've always had them cleaned by my local camera repair shop.

The x-t2 seems to get more dirty, more quickly and I'd like to be able to clean the sensor myself.

What products do you find are good from your experience? Colleagues at work say Arctic Butterfly but I've no experience.

Is there anything I should be wary of buying cleaning stalks etc for use with the x-t2?

Thanks for any advice. Andy

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I've only used a Giotto Rocket Blower.  I've had my X-T2 going on almost two years and I've yet to have to do a wet cleaning; and I've shot from the humid Florida Keys and the Everglades, to snowy Maine and Canada.  Sand, rain, wind, snow, ice, hale.  So far, knock on wood, just blowing it out every now and then has kept my sensor very clean.