FW4 tracking and back button focus

Since I am leaving for a trip where the new features of FW4 might be useful on the 27th and the release is on 29th I decided to give the leaked version a try. 

First observation: It's not a Nikon D4 but it's a major improvement which I hope is only the beginning of more improvements.

One improvement I would like to see is better integration with back button focus (AF-L). Right now when in zone mode and you press the AF-L button, the camera picks a few focus points and that selection is static. the way I would like it to work is that if you keep the button pressed, the camera would keep tracking like it does with the shutter half pressed with AF-C. That way you could press the shutter to take pictures while the camera keeps tracking. 

AF-C is good at tracking but you get only one press of the shutter button. then you have to refocus.

In short; I would like a mode where the camera tracks an object and I can press the shutter button several times to take pictures while the camera keeps tracking.

Does this make sense or is there a way to achieve this already?

Kinda.

Set the following:

MENU 1 / AUTOFOCUS SETTINGS / INSTANT AF SETTING / --> AF-C

MENU 4 / AE/AF LOCK MODE --> AE&AF WHEN PRESSING

Then if you set the camera to manual focus, the AF-L button will make the camera continuous focus when you hold it down. I haven't tried this on a moving subject so I don't know how successful it is or whether it makes use of the phase detect pixels.

Kinda.

Set the following:

MENU 1 / AUTOFOCUS SETTINGS / INSTANT AF SETTING / --> AF-C

MENU 4 / AE/AF LOCK MODE --> AE&AF WHEN PRESSING

Then if you set the camera to manual focus, the AF-L button will make the camera continuous focus when you hold it down. I haven't tried this on a moving subject so I don't know how successful it is or whether it makes use of the phase detect pixels.

As ar as I can tell it won't use the tracking features of FW4.