Portable Studio Lights & HSS|TTL

Hi there

I lost track in the past 4 month of all the novelties. IN addition to roboshoot, there's the Nissin air, the Cactus 6VII, and then new rumours about elinchrom and profit producing the right triggers for fuji

I do not want to purchase a cobra flash TTL solution, I'd like more power 

Who could kindly tell me what's the best solution to use TTL/HSS on profoto gear, elinchrom, phottix and so on ?

Thanks for your help!

Andrea

• 2 months later...

As far as I know the only studio lights compatible with Fuji right now supporting both TTL and HSS is Godox.  I'm sure others will follow at some point, can't happen soon enough.  There are a number of YouTube videos showing set-ups with Fuji X series and Godox lights.  

Yes it seems Godox currently. I use Elinchrom but not with TTL or HSS, in my studio, this works just the same as with Leica gear and the results are fine. However not TTL and HSS and to get Cactus stuff to work with their Fuji-enabled HSS triggers is a pain. 

I do like very much the Q20 Wireless flash and triggers from HK company LightPix Labs. https://www.lightpixlabs.com/pages/q20

Very small units, 2 AA batteries - so not over powerful, however put two on stands and they are not bad in a studio. Outside as fill flash - great to use. The triggers and receivers use 1 button battery, which lasts up to 6 months.

NO TTL, no HSS - but reliable, lightweight, not extreme in battery usage, a little slow to recycle but quite useful.

Triggers my SF-40 Leica and hopefully it will work with Cactus 6 in Local mode.

Edited by Him