Clicky

Photo

I'm going cold turkey boys (and any gals)

lenses Fuji 18-55

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Tikcus

Tikcus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:20 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

So, now that the Fuji 8-16 has been announced, I'm waiting to see who will carry the beasts like pack mules such as the holy trinity:

8-16

16-55

50-140

Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

IMHO that is just too large.  I moved to Fuji not only for ease of use, and quality images, but it (was) all wrapped up in a smaller, compact, lightweight package.  No more it seems...

Fuji can't break Physics Fast Glass is big, but no I wouldn't carry them unless it was for a specific job. 

The Package can be small and lightweight, or big and heavy, it depends how you roll and the job required. It is thankfully not a 1 fit for all situation.

an X-T 10/20 or XE 2/3 body with a XC 16-50 or XF18-55 is a small and powerful package, but if you want the best performance for wildlife photography, you buy an X-T2 with XF100-400 lens which is a monster to carry around.

But since I don't do a lot of the wildlife and hate weight, my ideal kit is 1 body + 35mm F/1.4 and a nissin i40 if required (along with the 18mm in the bag) it's small and light

"Share what you have learnt"

My Flickr

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lenses, Fuji, 18-55

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close