Clicky

Photo

Fujifilm X-T2s (Successor of Fujifilm X-T2)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick FR

Patrick FR

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 877 posts
  • LocationTOP SECRET

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Seems we will get a nice "S" upgrade :) Fujifilm X-T2s rumor on FujiRumors here: http://www.fujirumor...fujifilm-x-t2s/

#2 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:14 PM

Let’s hope it is not a pointless S like the one that went to the X-E2S, a camera which very few bothered to buy

• Patrick FR likes this

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#3 Pierre

Pierre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLyon (France)

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:53 PM

I hope it will have IBIS...

• Woodworth and p360 like this

Fuji X-T2 + 16-55 f2.8 + Samyang 12 f2

#4 jack1758

jack1758

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:55 PM

RGB histogram, touch screen focus

#5 johant

johant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:46 PM

I've stopped following the camera news basically ... when my X-PRO1 or X-T1 break, I will look around again for what's hot then.

Perfectly happy with the 16MP cameras here ... less happy with the time I currently have to process my photos :-(
  • Mike K and KateB like this

#6 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:49 PM

I've stopped following the camera news basically ... when my X-PRO1 or X-T1 break, I will look around again for what's hot then.

Perfectly happy with the 16MP cameras here ...

precisely

It would have to be a giant leap for the photographic mankind to make me buy a new camera but I suspect that it will be just a small step ( few tweaks here and there).

The opposite of what happened here

apollo12a.jpg

Edited by milandro, 13 July 2017 - 04:03 PM.

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#7 Patrick FR

Patrick FR

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 877 posts
  • LocationTOP SECRET

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:05 PM

coming with IBIS http://www.fujirumor...-stabilization/

#8 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:30 AM

and will it be a true ibis or a digital ibis? Will it be used on photography or film alone?

To all TAPATALK users

#9 David Thompson

David Thompson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:47 AM

I purchased the XE2s and it is a great camera.

However I did not own a previous XE camera

I do not think the XT2s is meant to appeal to XT2 owners

Or even XPRO2 owners

It will be there for people who do not own these cameras and at the time of purchase require the latest modern gear

they will compare and contrast  to other camera manufacturers

put yourself in the position of the camera salesman trying to flog off an old model

• rrrrrichard and davidforjas like this

#10 bhu

bhu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

The electronic IBIS looks like it needs a new sensor design, hence the "s" instead of being a camera firmware update. I did not really have much hope of a software-only solution for my X-T2 but I can still dream of it. (Hmm... using the phase-detection (auto-focus) elements to aid eIBIS is also possible.)

#11 keylight

keylight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:24 AM

USB Type C charging and IBIS, and I'm sold

#12 Hermelin

Hermelin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:48 AM

USB Type C charging and IBIS, and I'm sold

You can already charge the X-T2 through USB to the PC. 

#13 agh55

agh55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

Just about to buy the XT2, should I hold on for the XT2S, ant idea when it will arrive on the shelves

#14 keylight

keylight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:01 AM

You can already charge the X-T2 through USB to the PC. 

but not with type C

#15 KateB

KateB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationDoha, Qatar

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:29 PM

I'd like to see in body geotagging; I can't be doing with hooking up to my smartphone!
Kate

#16 Patrick FR

Patrick FR

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 877 posts
  • LocationTOP SECRET

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:22 PM

X-T2S to ship first half of 2018

http://www.fujirumor...will-announced/

#17 Peter Kent

Peter Kent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:36 AM

I really hope the X-T2s is designed to compete with the G9, I want that EVF and no blackout burst!

#18 Woodworth

Woodworth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

For me, the addition of IBIS will be a dream come true. The ability to get that extra bit of stability without the use of a tripod/monopod, the ability to lower the ISO and the re-assurance that I probably won't miss that shot. That above anything else is what I would like.

Chris

#19 Dismason

Dismason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationKotka, Kymenlaakso, Finland

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:37 PM

Perfectly happy with the 16MP cameras here ... less happy with the time I currently have to process my photos :-(

The X-T1 also belongs to one of my favorites. Post Processing Time I managed to reduce by 70% by switching to Luminar 2018 and Aurora HDR 2018.

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close