31 replies to this topic

#21 Patrick FR

Patrick FR

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 897 posts
  • LocationTOP SECRET

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:34 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

MARK THIS DATE: Fujifilm X-H1 Announcement February 14

https://www.fujirumo...nt-february-14/

#22 bergat

bergat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:58 AM

But in the caracteristics it will be a new sensor of 32 Mpixel?

#23 Patrick FR

Patrick FR

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 897 posts
  • LocationTOP SECRET

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:53 AM

no. same  24 like x-t2

#24 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:01 PM

Demand more!  :)   :rolleyes:

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#25 bergat

bergat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:53 PM

no. same  24 like x-t2

Then we have to wait for the next year when sony will build the 64 FF 64 MP sensors, I presume

#26 Arthur

Arthur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:36 AM

Then we have to wait for the next year when sony will build the 64 FF 64 MP sensors, I presume

Yessss! And then we'll be able to post really really cool 1024x700 pics on Instagram!
  • johant likes this

#27 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:54 AM

and need a new computer to process them while not doing anything more than looking them on the screen while our eyes are getting worse.

There is a direct relationship between pocket depths and eyes getting worse the deeper the first the worst the second 

• BillM likes this

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#28 bergat

bergat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:53 PM

Yessss! And then we'll be able to post really really cool 1024x700 pics on Instagram!

:lol:  :D  :lol:

#29 bergat

bergat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:01 PM

and need a new computer to process them while not doing anything more than looking them on the screen while our eyes are getting worse.

There is a direct relationship between pocket depths and eyes getting worse the deeper the first the worst the second 

The problem is that some lens might lacking of resolution like it happened to nikon with 850, but I think fuji lens are much better than nikon, and this problem will not be in the future.

#30 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

I don’t think that we are going that direction because it would be totally pointless. But this is a lost cause I understand that.

The majority of the people here (AND ELSEWHERE) never print anything and if they do they don’t go anywhere near the limits of 16Mp let alone 24Mp.

But of course bigger is better and the old joke made in the spinal tap applies (it goes to 11...) , it’s not the size of the file is what you do with it!

To all TAPATALK users

#31 Tikcus

Tikcus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:24 PM

You can't just make stuff for the majority.

If you don't make Professional quality gear that only the minority will take advantage of, those users go elsewhere.

You can't always frame perfectly in camera, be that because you're using a prime lens and can't zoom with your feet a higher MP count allows for more cropping.

I was shooting on 5"x4" film earlier this year, the film was badly scratched in the drying cabinet, leaving only 1/3 of the image usable. I was still able to produce a 20"x12" print cropping 2/3 of the film.

I know this is an extreme situation (and digital doesn't get scratched) but I doubt I could produce a visually acceptable print using 1/3 of  a 16MP Crop sensor printed to 20"x12"

Having said that on a crop sensor camera once you get past xMP you will have other problems where the gains of more MP are offset by negatives (processing power, pixel pitch to name 2)

Edited by Tikcus, 15 January 2018 - 09:24 PM.

"Share what you have learnt"

My Flickr

#32 bergat

bergat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:16 PM

To use more pixel in a picture is always a plus, giving the possibility to use better a crop, always if the digital noise remains the same

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close