40 replies to this topic

#1 karinatwork

karinatwork

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Not sure where to post this, but does anyone know if that elusive plug-in for Lightroom is already for sale somewhere? I'm still waiting. :(

#2 jkspepper

jkspepper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

as far as I am aware, only for windows machines and the Japan market

#3 methodphoto

methodphoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:11 PM

Hi - there is this!

http://www.fujifilm....n150205_01.html

#4 karinatwork

karinatwork

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:31 PM

"The plug-in will be available to download from 26th February 2015 for customers that have purchased the “HS-V5 for Windows® Ver.1.0” software."

But I am looking for the plugin that will NOT require the HS-V5 (Windows) software, as tested and described here:
http://www.laroqueph...d-plugin-yessss

#5 PeterG

PeterG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:54 PM

I don't think it's been released yet, I'm checking every day...
https://creative.ado.../addons?pp=pslr or click the 'Adobe Add-ons' button in the LR plug-in manager.

Soon...

• karinatwork likes this

#6 karinatwork

karinatwork

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:05 PM

So do I. But it's very VERY frustrating to say the least. Not sure why it takes them so long. But then, checking Forums and websites, nobody really seems to care.  :angry:

• Fabio and MillerImagery like this

#7 Antonius

Antonius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:25 PM

No idea what tethered shooting is, wish I could just shoot some images without worrying what type of shot I took

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#8 karinatwork

karinatwork

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:04 PM

So I wrote Fuji this morning asking for answered, and this is what I got back:

Dear Karina,

Thank you for your interest.
At this time, the product that you're looking for is currently in development. It will be released, but we do not have a release date as of yet. 
We sincerely hope this information has been beneficial to you. If you should have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us in the future.

Thank you for choosing Fujifilm digital cameras.

Sincerely,

Robert M.
Digital Camera Technical Support

Btw, Antonius, tethered shooting is basically connecting your camera to your computer with a USB cable, and as you are shooting, your images appear on the monitor. So for studio photography this is an essential tool for you and your clients to know if what you wanted to achieve has been accomplished. It just speeds up the process of adjusting, selecting and correcting immensely. 

• FX Admin, PeterG and Fabio like this

#9 Harlem

Harlem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:55 PM

My tethering issue has been resolved:

A guy from the German Fuji-X-Forum has developed a small background service program which transfers the files coming from the X-T1 via USB into a directory of your choice. In Capture One you can use that directory as a hot-folder so every picture will be imported into Capture One at once. This works with Capture Pilot as well so you can present the pictures on a iPad as well.

#10 Jerry-Astro

Jerry-Astro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:57 PM

So, working thru all the downloads, etc. associated with this, for Mac users, it seems to come down to the Tethering Plug-In.  Apparently, the Mac version of the plug-in is bundled along with the PC version in a single .EXE file that needs to be run and the contents decompressed.  In Fuji's brilliance, they appear to have only provided the single compressed .EXE file, which makes the Fuji plug-in inaccessible to Mac users, since these files cannot be run on a Mac.  Something that would be way cool would be for someone who is a PC user to actually download the .EXE, run it, then post a link to the Mac (.PKG) file (that has  been placed in a share file somewhere) so we can give it a try and see if it actually works.  Anyone game?  Here's the download site:

http://www.fujifilm....1/download.html

• MillerImagery likes this

#11 Johan

Johan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:50 AM

Hi Harlem.  Is there anyway you could share that small background program?  Thats exactly what I've been looking for.

Thanks!!

My tethering issue has been resolved:

A guy from the German Fuji-X-Forum has developed a small background service program which transfers the files coming from the X-T1 via USB into a directory of your choice. In Capture One you can use that directory as a hot-folder so every picture will be imported into Capture One at once. This works with Capture Pilot as well so you can present the pictures on a iPad as well.

#12 Johan

Johan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:56 AM

Tethering is the only thing holding fuji from being a professional system. IMO

• MillerImagery likes this

#13 jkspepper

jkspepper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:08 AM

Hi Harlem.  Is there anyway you could share that small background program?  Thats exactly what I've been looking for.

Thanks!!

that does not work, when the .exe. id decompress on a windows machine, there isn't the require .pkg file for mac users.

bottom line, this is not available for the Mac at the current time and I believe even the windows version is technically for the japan market only.  i.e. the purchase of the original HS-V5 software is for Japan only

#14 Harlem

Harlem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:42 AM

that does not work, when the .exe. id decompress on a windows machine, there isn't the require .pkg file for mac users.

bottom line, this is not available for the Mac at the current time and I believe even the windows version is technically for the japan market only.  i.e. the purchase of the original HS-V5 software is for Japan only

The solution I am talking about has nothing to do with the Fuji-Software. Unfortunalely that service is running under MS-Windows only. I had to install Parallels on my MacBook to run the Tether-Service on a virtual MS-Windows machine.

#15 Jerry-Astro

Jerry-Astro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:09 AM

Thanks for everyone's response. I guess we'll simply have to wait some more until Fuji gets serious about this. <sigh>

#16 MillerImagery

MillerImagery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:21 PM

Tethering is the only thing holding fuji from being a professional system. IMO

Yes, agreed. I picked up an X-T1 about 6 weeks ago and have done several paying gigs with it - it's great! But I have one Client who wants me to shoot aircraft interiors for him. Those have to be tripod/tethered so he can approve each long exposure shot. I had to lug all my Canon gear back out for that one!

Let's not despair - it WILL be released. Let's remember how new this system really is in the grand scheme of things! Frustrating? But Fuji will come through.

#17 heliosfan

heliosfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:59 PM

So, working thru all the downloads, etc. associated with this, for Mac users, it seems to come down to the Tethering Plug-In.  Apparently, the Mac version of the plug-in is bundled along with the PC version in a single .EXE file that needs to be run and the contents decompressed.  In Fuji's brilliance, they appear to have only provided the single compressed .EXE file, which makes the Fuji plug-in inaccessible to Mac users, since these files cannot be run on a Mac.  Something that would be way cool would be for someone who is a PC user to actually download the .EXE, run it, then post a link to the Mac (.PKG) file (that has  been placed in a share file somewhere) so we can give it a try and see if it actually works.  Anyone game?  Here's the download site:

http://www.fujifilm....1/download.html

Except that what you are suggesting is illegal.....it is paid software, not free :(

#18 Jerry-Astro

Jerry-Astro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:29 PM

Except that what you are suggesting is illegal.....it is paid software, not free :(

Umm, no, at least for the Mac, it was my understanding that tethering support would not require any additional investment beyond LR itself.  The implication was that the free download in the link I supplied contained support both for the Fuji and PC versions.  If that assumption is wrong, then I would certainly agree with you and under no circumstances would I knowingly advocate piracy (particularly on a public forum for heaven's sake).

#19 karinatwork

karinatwork

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:48 PM

Ok, I have both an Apple and a Windows computer. I downloaded the .exe file and tried to open it. I get the same error message every time: HS-V5 not found.

If you don't have that program installed that you can currently only get in Japan, you can't do anything with this plugin. Neither Mac nor Windows. We are waiting for a paid plug-in for Lightroom that will work without any additional software from Fuji, purchased or otherwise. I know for fact that this plug-in exists, and Fuji will make it available to us over the Adobe Exchange Network.

When that is, nobody knows. Seriously. NOBODY. Not even the people at Fuji. 

#20 Antonius

Antonius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:52 PM

Thanks Karinatwork, I don't know these things because I'm coming from Nikon, after 31 years, one day soon I will be a X-T1 newborn and shooting tethered which I think will be awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • karinatwork likes this

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close