Peak Design Sale

FYI,

If anyone is interested B&H is offering a 20% discount on much off the Peak Design stuff for Fathers Day (see here).

It also looks like you can use the promo code fathers20 to get the discount at http://www.peakdesign.com - that would get you the discount on the bundles too.

I don't know if their products are good (they look good) - I have a Leash coming today.

Mike

The leash arrived yesterday but I just got it on today. It looks to be really well put together and feels much more secure than the Op/Tech mirrorless sling I was using (which was perfect for the much smaller and lighter EOS-M). I don't think I would want a much heavier camera than the X-T1 on the Peak Design Leash because there is no padding and the strap is quite narrow. It is more "slippery" than I imagined but that works great with the sling style carry. The button connectors are quite brilliant and I suspect engineered in a way that makes them virtually failure proof. There are no "snapping parts" that are carrying any of the camera weight and to disconnect them you have to get the weight of the camera off them. The only potential failure I can see would be the strap side connector splitting and it is reinforced with metal so that also seems highly unlikely. The strap itself is supposedly made from the same stuff used for seat belts and I believe it. I suspect the camera would rip in half before that stuff would give out :)

I would totally drink with the people that designed this strap. So let me know when you're heading out with them next Paul ;)

Mike

The connectors are taking some getting used to but I really like the strap so far. I still need to get out on an all day hike or something to know for sure. I want to get a cuff too but really want to pay less for one than they are :)