Off camera flash no working...HELP!!

I'm trying to use off camera flash with the X-T1.  I'm using the FlashQ triggers.  The flash units will fire but something is wrong and the camera is not capturing the properly exposed image...the pictures are black.  

In the Q menu the only flash options available are suppressed or M.  The "OTHER FLASH SETTINGS" in the camera menu settings only allows red eye removal as an option.  Very frustrating.  Silent mode is off, shutter is set to manual (not electronic), burst mode is off.  I reset the shooting and set-uo menu to factory default and the issue remains.

I need to be able to mount a wireless trigger to the hot shoe in Manual exposure mode and dial in 1/180 sec or lower shutter speed and select an aperture manually...basic portrait set up.  Everything works perfect on my x100s selecting External flash and on my Nikon DSLR.

How do I break the code and enable this capability?  Reading the manual is of no help.

Thanks

Edited by Therapeuo63

• 3 weeks later...