• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fotolli

fotolli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Hi there!

I am new to this forum, since I just bought a X-A3 and would like to use it in a studio environment with strobes.

The problem I am facing ist that neither my Pocket Wizard Plus II nor an Elinchrom radio trigger will work with the camera.

I´ve searched all sorts of related posts from x-a2 or x-m1 users and think I did not miss anything.

I am using the camera in M- mode, have single frame mode selected, flash is forced or enabled, silent mode is turned off.

As far as I could find out those might cause the flash or radio trigger not to work. Anything else I have missed?

Thanks for any hints.

Best regards,

Oliver

#2 A. R.

A. R.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:42 PM

I have X-A1 and hotshoe just doesn't work. I believe nobody at the Fuji thought of bringing this camera to studio. Can anybody else confirm this?

#3 fotolli

fotolli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:59 AM

I tested an old x-e1 in the same configuration and it works.

I can´t believe the hotshoe actually is a "cold"-shoe. Fuji can´t be serious. I mean it´s not top of a line camera, but it sets you back 550$ and you are not permitted to actually use the camera in a professional environment? Rediculous!

#4 fotolli

fotolli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:55 PM

Found the solution.

Fuji added a flash mode (that the x-e1 doesn´t have) and that´s the only mode that triggers my Pocket Wizards. It´s the symbol with the external flash and a c next to it.

Hope this info helps other people :-)

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close