L Bracket for use with VPB-XT2 grip

MShannon

Hi, I'm looking for an affordable L bracket that fits the X-T2 and VPB-XT2 booster grip.
Thus far, I can only find two - made by Kirk and RRS. However, their prices are quite ridiculous.

I've found a decent one for the X-T2 body only off which is essentially a Chinese knock-off from Kirk / RRS and was wondering if anyone has come across a knock-off/cheaper type that fits the X-T2 and VPB grip?

Maybe it will take time before grip L brackets become common, who knows!

Thanks,

Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I mentioned in my post that I'm aware of that particular grip. It's one of two that I would not be looking to buy. £164 is ridiculous for a bit of machined aluminium.

Edited by MShannon

Sorry really didn't read the specifics of your post just remembered I watched his video recently

No worries, I watched it the other day but it still wouldn't persuade me to splash £160+ haha! The dude in the video got it for free so easy for him to say how great it is.

No worries, I watched it the other day but it still wouldn't persuade me to splash £160+ haha! The dude in the video got it for free so easy for him to say how great it is.

Yeah I wish I got stuff for free

I must be missing something - what actual advantage does one gain from adding this L-bracket?

Also, if the dude claims no affiliation with the manufacturer, yet gets the product for free, he's full of it.

Edited by CDBC

They are very useful for keeping the camera on top of the tripod on the centre of gravity. They are very useful for landscape photographers because the tripod leans less and is more stable. This is particularly helpful on uneven ground or when working near water or in windy conditions, as it lessens the chance of the tripod falling over. It also makes switching between landscape portrait orientation easier as you don't need to recompose the image quite as severely. Studio photographers also find them much better for use as far as I'm aware.

Edited by MShannon

• 3 months later...

Seems odd that Sunwayfoto does not offer one for the XT2 with VPB battery grip, since they have them for Canon and Nikon models.

I have been retrofitting my old RRS brackets acquired years ago for the Canon 10D. Doing this served me well, through various bodies up through the 5D2, when I switched to Fuji. I took two old plates to a machine shop and they made a great L Bracket for my X100S.

Now with the XT2, I did find a no- name universal on AMAZON that after some drilling and grinding fit, the XT2 without the battery grip quite well. It will fit the XT2 with the VPB battery grip but is far from ideal. Unless I can find or think of another option, I may go for the Kirk version.

I picked up a third Party plate from Amazon for just the XT-2 without the grip for something like $40.  I wasn't sure I really needed an L-bracket and the Kirk & RRS as you say are extremely overpriced.  So I thought I'd give the third party a try.  As third party products go things did come out a but odd, I bought one brand and received one with the brand name "Fittest" on it.

So far it has been a fantastic tool that works 100% perfect for me.  I love how I can switch from landscape to portrait mode so easily on my tripod.  It does not handle the grip, but it is designed for easy access the the battery compartment so updating to a fresh battery is simple and very easy.

• 1 month later...

I have to admit that considering the price of 'L' brackets I would have to seriously consider how much I needed this bracket. If I really found that an 'L' bracket was required because it was holding my photograph pursuits back I would consider buying this bracket. Think about all the other decisions that we make regarding tripods, another Fuji lens (that we really may not need), filters and camera backpacks. An "L" is just another piece of our camera kit.