• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 William james

William james

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:32 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
How much longer is Fuji going promise a real macro lens, first there was the 120 mm, then the 80mm, but is it all just talk?

#2 woodlander

woodlander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:34 PM

Many have wondered that very question. I have no direct knowledge on this, but the current rumor is that it will be out late this year. I am not sure what 'late' means, but I would figure on maybe December.

I think I am going to order a 60mm Fuji because I have things I would like to shoot now.

#3 sebas1430

sebas1430

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBoucherville, Quebec, Canada

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:58 PM

Because GFX
  • mdm likes this

X-T2 | 18-55 | 55-200 | 35 f2 | Rokinon 12 f2

Vintages lenses: Canon FDn 50 f1.4 | Canon FD 300 f4

flickr.com/photos/sgirard | sgirard.net

#4 Lumens

Lumens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:55 PM

Because GFX

Very likely.  :(

Edited by Lumens, 21 April 2017 - 01:55 PM.

#5 jlmphotos

jlmphotos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationTime Split between New Jersey and Maine

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

Many have wondered that very question. I have no direct knowledge on this, but the current rumor is that it will be out late this year. I am not sure what 'late' means, but I would figure on maybe December.

I think I am going to order a 60mm Fuji because I have things I would like to shoot now.

If you want to wait, I suggest some inexpensive Extension tubes off Amazon.  I use them with my 18-55 and the 35 1.4.  Just a few weeks ago I bought on a terrific sale the 60mm 2.4 Macro -- even though it's only 2:1 reproduction ratio and I am thrilled with it!  Though I will say my 16 1.4 I think focuses CLOSER than 60mm, but a totally different perspective.

• woodlander likes this

Jorge L. Moro   | X-T1 |  X-T2 | 18-55 |  Zeiss 12/2.8  |  Fuji 16 1.4  |   Fuji 23 1.4 | Fuji 35 1.4 | Fuji 60 2.4 Macro | Fuji 55-200  |

My websitexshooters blog  |  Flickr  | 

#6 Lumens

Lumens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:02 PM

If you want to wait, I suggest some inexpensive Extension tubes off Amazon.  I use them with my 18-55 and the 35 1.4.  Just a few weeks ago I bought on a terrific sale the 60mm 2.4 Macro -- even though it's only 2:1 reproduction ratio and I am thrilled with it!  Though I will say my 16 1.4 I think focuses CLOSER than 60mm, but a totally different perspective.

I must admit I have not really sweat much about the 80 mm because the Fuji Extension Tubes do work so well with the 18-55 and 55-200.  I also own the 60 mm and 16 mm and both of those do an outstanding job as well.  

So when it comes to the 80 mm, while I am VERY interested, if the specs or pricing don't cut it, I will pass.  I am doing quite well with what I have, but I am also interested in something only if it extends my current abilities and at the right price.  I believe the 80 mm will do that but only time will tell.

• jlmphotos likes this

#7 woodlander

woodlander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:31 PM

Interesting idea. Thanks.

• jlmphotos likes this

#8 pez

pez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:11 AM

I had the 60mm Fuji Macro lens disappointed with it 1:2 no good for me. The new offering from Fuji will be 1:1 so I believe but their will be a further advantage in waiting  because it will be compatible with  the 1.4 and 2x Tele converters. A few months back I was considering a 1.4x or maybe 2x converter, at one time the price was the same.  Where I live availability and high import tax makes getting stuff particularly expensive. One day I went to a camera store that was not a Fuji dealership to have a look at camera bags but their in the bottom of a display case was a 2x Fuji Converter at a hell of a good price.  Had a look on line here the cheapest x1.4x was $90 cheaper.  1.4x or 2x no boner. 

Results with my 100mm to 400mm are very good even hand held.  In days of old with low ASA film the loss of 2 stops sensitivity was an issue but now with the superb sensors we have have  great results for most applications.  Gut feeling non real tested but the 2x is not quite as good with the 50mm 140mm zoom as the 100mm 400mm zoom.   BUT BUT I could so easily be totally wrong I know.

#9 bhu

bhu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:31 PM

I want the 80 1:1 macro right now. Fujifilm is probably agonizing over AF speed in low light.

#10 quincy

quincy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:13 PM

well, I've thought about it....

Attached File  macro_release2.png   32.54KB   3 downloads

Edited by quincy, 30 April 2017 - 02:02 AM.

• mdm and GilBarib like this

#11 BillTaber

BillTaber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:04 AM

I have used a Metabones adapter with 4 different Nikon Micro Nikkor lenses (55 manual, 60 AF in manual, 105 manual and 105 AF in manual) and each performed fantastically with focus peaking.
I don't know why I might choose a new Fuji micro lens when I can readily get 1:1 results with lenses that I already own or can purchase used in good or excellent condition.

Edited by BillTaber, 07 May 2017 - 12:06 AM.

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close