23 replies to this topic

#1 Hermelin

Hermelin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

https://www.amazon.c...id camera strap

or

https://www.amazon.c...a_y3j-ybVX5VQDP

Or which one do you recommend or use?

#2 Mike G

Mike G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:51 PM

Peak Design Leash
  • dck22 likes this

#3 DennisK

DennisK

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:09 PM

Peak Design Slide Lite. I don't like single point connection straps. The camera tends to bounce when not held.
  • dck22 likes this

#4 dck22

dck22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationWestern New York

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:12 PM

I use several Peak Design products and couldn't be happier. The Peak Design Lite is my choice for my X-T2 and X-Pro2.
  • Hermelin likes this
Fuji X-Pro2 | Fuji X-T2
FX 27mm | FX 35mm | FX 56mm | FX 10-24mm
FX 18-55mm | FX 50-140mm | FX 100-400mm
FC 50-230mm | EF-X20

#5 jlmphotos

jlmphotos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationTime Split between New Jersey and Maine

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:49 PM

I own both the Peak Design and the BR.  I always grab the Peak Design.  It's much more easily removable, and less obstructive.

• Curiojo, Hermelin and fugu82 like this

Jorge L. Moro   | X-T1 |  X-T2 | 18-55 |  Zeiss 12/2.8  |  Fuji 16 1.4  |   Fuji 23 1.4 | Fuji 35 1.4 | Fuji 60 2.4 Macro | Fuji 55-200  |

My websitexshooters blog  |  Flickr  | 

#6 fugu82

fugu82

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:52 PM

Peak Design. Much more practical than BR. I use the larger Slide for big lenses, and the Lite for everything else.

• dck22 likes this

#7 Tom H.

Tom H.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:53 PM

Yes, Peak Design for the win.
  • dck22 likes this

#8 Lumens

Lumens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:51 PM

Another fan of Peak Design here. 

I'm afraid my XT-2 looks a little strange with three dongles hanging from it, but truth is the Peak Design just works.  Two dongles hanging from the top for when I am carrying a heavy lens like my 100-400 and then one more hanging from the bottom of the Vertical grip for when I just want to handhold.  The straps just attach and unattach so easily it makes shooting so much easier.

• dck22 and fugu82 like this

#9 Hermelin

Hermelin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I guess I'll go with PEAK DESIGN SlideLITE then!

• Mike G likes this

#10 Hermelin

Hermelin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

Do you have the  PEAK DESIGN SlideLITE attached with the bottom plate or straight to the camera?

#11 jlmphotos

jlmphotos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:16 PM

Another fan of Peak Design here. 

I'm afraid my XT-2 looks a little strange with three dongles hanging from it, but truth is the Peak Design just works.  Two dongles hanging from the top for when I am carrying a heavy lens like my 100-400 and then one more hanging from the bottom of the Vertical grip for when I just want to handhold.  The straps just attach and unattach so easily it makes shooting so much easier.

I only use TWO dongles, both hanging off the left side of the camera.  This way the camera dangles off my right hip very comfortably.

• Curiojo and Lumens like this

Jorge L. Moro   | X-T1 |  X-T2 | 18-55 |  Zeiss 12/2.8  |  Fuji 16 1.4  |   Fuji 23 1.4 | Fuji 35 1.4 | Fuji 60 2.4 Macro | Fuji 55-200  |

#12 r_kt

r_kt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:22 AM

I have both the leash and the slide lite.  I found that I use the leash more, more compact and packable.  

• Mike G likes this

XPro2

X-T1 (gifted) X-E1 (sold), XF1 (RIP), XQ1 (gifted)

#13 Haswell

Haswell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:39 AM

Peak design; every time.

• Puck likes this

#14 Mike G

Mike G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:02 AM

I think you will find that Peak Design call them "anchors".
  • jlmphotos likes this

#15 chovik

chovik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:34 PM

When using a lens such as the 50 - 140, do Peak Design users attach their strap just to the camera body or one to the camera body and one to the foot of the lens collar?

Thanks

• Curiojo likes this

#16 corintography

corintography

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:55 AM

I just use the LHS (Playback Button Side) and the Capture plate on the bottom, the camera then sits nicely behind my back is balanced and my right hand doesn't have to contend with a strip on that side.

I've resorted to mostly using the capture and cuff now which works well for me.

• chovik likes this

#17 jlmphotos

jlmphotos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:47 PM

When using a lens such as the 50 - 140, do Peak Design users attach their strap just to the camera body or one to the camera body and one to the foot of the lens collar?

Thanks

I attach my PD strap to the SAME side of the camera body.  Both of the toggles on my Peak Design are on the side of the camera as the ISO dial if that helps.  Though PEAK does ship with a third toggle that will attach to my tripod socket if I wish to do so.

#18 tsv

tsv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:00 AM

I use the BOS Strap (sliding strap) priced at about $60. The strap is attached to the strap holder on the left side of the camera and not to the tripod screw hole. This allows the quick release to remain on the camera. It also allows the camera to hang at good position on your hip with the lens pointed downward and allows one to get to shooting position quickly. I believe theweb site is www.bosstrap.com.

The 1.5" strap is comfortable for hours of shooting.

If you insert your right elbow in the strap to stretch it, you can pull the left side of the strap to the left side of the camera and obtain a very good position for hand held shooting. This goes against placing your left hand under the lens but some may find it worth while. It works much better with Auto focus lenses.

Thanks.

#19 trivan

trivan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

I use the Blackrapid w/a safety tether which I made using paracord and a small clip.  My setup is a bit different and centered around the arca swiss format).   

I have RRS plates on all my cameras (new owner of the X-T2) and still use my DSLR.  I've attached the BlackRapid to a RRS Screw-knob clamp, which I can use on whichever camera I'm using at the time, and can easily move to my tripod w/no effort or having to fiddle with hardware.  It's really the best in terms of ease and quick transitions if I'm carrying both bodies. 

If I switch to a large lens (which mine have arca swiss plates), it's as easy as loosening the screw plate, and uncliping the tether.

• Curiojo likes this

#20 pancake

pancake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

Does the Peak Design Slide strap work well if you're wearing a backpack though? Seems like the pack interferes with the strap when you want to lift the camera to your face. Im using the black rapid strap but am tired of the camera bouncing around when its down at my side. I can't find a perfect solution!

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close