#1 bulldog

bulldog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationEly, Cambs UK

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Does any one have any ideas as to how to show the Histogram on the rear monitor/screen?

Only I shoot landscapes and view on rear monitor/screen, and like to check my Histogram whilst composing.

#2 Alexander Mosquera

Alexander Mosquera

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:30 PM

1) Menu

2) Blue Wrench Menu #1

3) SCREEN SET-UP

4) DISP. CUSTOM SETTINGS (have to go all the way down and to the 3rd page to reach this menu item

5) Check the box HISTOGRAM

:)

#3 bulldog

bulldog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationEly, Cambs UK

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:42 PM

Sorry Alexandra, that is only for showing through the viewfinder. I have always had that set up, but it does not show on the monitor/screen.

#4 johant

johant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:05 PM

Sorry Alexandra, that is only for showing through the viewfinder. I have always had that set up, but it does not show on the monitor/screen.

Then you are setting it for the EVF instead of the LCD, I guess.

Edited by johant, 20 April 2017 - 06:06 PM.

#5 bulldog

bulldog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationEly, Cambs UK

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

Johan you may be right. But I can't see where to do what you say on the screen set up menu.

#6 johant

johant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:56 AM

Did you use the disp-back button to select the custom view?

#7 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:07 AM

it shows both in viewfinder AND LCD but you have to enable them separately

http://www.fujifilm...._x_t1/features/

https://www.dpreview.../thread/3786709

Edited by milandro, 21 April 2017 - 09:08 AM.

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#8 bulldog

bulldog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationEly, Cambs UK

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:10 AM

Johant

When in LCD mode pressing the back-button dose not give me that option.

If you know how to do this can you please give me the exact procedure. As I feel as though I have set it all up wrong.

I have had this XT1 for 2 years now and, I have had no problems, In fact I have enjoyed using it.

Its just that I have started to get into Landscapes, and using tripod and composing using the rear Monitor/Screen.

#9 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:12 AM

from the link I gave above

: “ ...While using the LCD, hit the Disp/Back button and switch to Custom. The EVF and LCD implement the display settings separately, so changes to the the EVF must be done like this while using the EVF and for LCD while using LCD...."

• johant likes this

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#10 bulldog

bulldog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationEly, Cambs UK

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

Thank you all. I had it set up all the time. Its as just me being a bit dumb and could not work it out. all is fine now. Many thanks to you all.

• claude likes this

#11 johant

johant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

Modern cameras are too complicated, I think.

#12 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

they are...but people seem to like complication, they ask for more and more and extra things to play with (let’s be clear, this is not the case with OP here).

I find that I use the camera in the simplest possible way even if I have 4 decades of experience under my belt, yet even people with proven limited wishes and abilities (again I am not referring to OP) seem to enjoy making the camera way more complicated that it needs to be.

Edited by milandro, 21 April 2017 - 03:23 PM.

To all TAPATALK users

#13 sir_c

sir_c

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:36 PM

Still it is a pity one cannot get a proper histogram during playback, with blinkies & all. I still think this histogram feature is a bit half baked.

#14 Maksim

Maksim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:06 PM

We need RAW histogram in our cameras for ETTR. It seems that JPEG histogram is inaccurate by a stop, but it is really hard not to overexposure the image this way.

I was getting my best images right before the point of saturation, when JPEG looked slightly overexposed.

#15 Maksim

Maksim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:06 PM

Edited by Maksim, 23 September 2017 - 01:06 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xt-1

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close