Colorshift with SinghRay ND-Grad filters

herby

In my DSLR-times I bought expensive SinghRay ND-grad filters to avoid any colorshift. It was worth the expenses. But with my X-T2 I have a serious colorshift to purple. It seems to be stronger in sunlite and weaker when it's overcast, but it's there.

Here is a picture as an example.

Has anybody experienced anything similar?

What do you use? Is it color-neutral?

Thanks for your contributions.

herby

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks for your replies.

I can specify my problem a bit. ND-grad alone there is a weak color shift. In combination with a 6stop ND the color shift is very strong. ND-grad hard edge much stronger than ND-grad soft edge (both 3 stop grad).

to jlmphotos: could you please explain your quick lightroom fix? Because there is only a part of the picture affected the quick WB adjustment doesn't work.

to Fresno: thanks for your recommendation. Does it also work with combined ND and ND-grad?

Thanks in advance.

herby

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Nisi System today. It is almost neutral. Only the combination of ND 6Stop and ND-Grad Reverse 3Stop produce a very light colorshift. But this is acceptable.

Thanks for your hint.

Glad to hear that. I'm using Nisi almost exclusively nowadays. For a cheaper alternative, Haida is the one to go for.