#1 RadBadTad

RadBadTad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:01 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Here are two full sized JPEGs exported at 100% quality.

One is Iridient X-Transformer for Windows

The other is Photo Ninja

https://www.dropbox....kIe-CV9eka?dl=0

ISO 800 on an XPro2 | 50-140mm at f/2.8

At 100% viewing, I prefer Photo Ninja. It looks smoother, while maintaining detail. The file from Iridient has lots of artifacting, I believe.

I could be using Iridient wrong, as I've only had it for about half an hour, but nothing I do can match the detail and natural look of Photo Ninja. 

Edited by RadBadTad, 06 April 2017 - 06:02 AM.

X100s  -  X-T1  -  XPro2  -  X-T2   |  18-55 f/2.8-4  -  23mm f/1.4  -  35mm f/2  -  Mitakon 35mm f/.95  -  50-140 f/2.8

#2 RadBadTad

RadBadTad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

UPDATE - I saw in another thread, someone had suggested better settings for using X-Transformer. Turning off noise reduction and turning off sharpening in the X-Transformer dialog box fixes the strange artifacts in the fine detail and brings the final product up to the same quality as Photo Ninja. Also, when using Photo Ninja, you get a really weird starting point that you have to wrangle to get back to a normal looking photo, and getting pleasing colors is a long task. Not so with X-Transformer which just spits out a nice sharp clean normal looking file with a couple of clicks.

X100s  -  X-T1  -  XPro2  -  X-T2   |  18-55 f/2.8-4  -  23mm f/1.4  -  35mm f/2  -  Mitakon 35mm f/.95  -  50-140 f/2.8

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iridient, Photo Ninja, Fine Detail, XPro2, Processing, Comparison

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close