Gray market Fuji products

images102

I am on the hunt for an X-t2 and one popped up on the B&H website.  The catch is that it is a "gray market" product (aka imported) which does not carry the manufacturer's warranty but B&H warrants the product for one year.  Has anyone had any experience with a purchase of this type?  Good, bad, or otherwise?  Thank you in advance.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1263603-GREY/fujifilm_16519314_x_t2_mirrorless_digital_camera.html 

To quote an American folk hero: What you have to ask yourself is  "Do I feel lucky"?

Most problems show up quickly, so the basic one year warranty will probably take care of likely problems. It seems like the biggest question is whether you can get it serviced by Fuji in the future? In many cases, the original manufacturer will not work on a unit that was not sold under their terms and conditions for the country in question. If that is the case, who will work on it?

I have no experience with this particular product and the associated service issues, but I have bought some gray market gear over the years. Some worked out and some didn't.

B&H reimbursed 100% cost of my grey market LG phone, two months short of a full year. I assume that they would do the same for a camera.

The question is if Fuji would be willing to service the camera after a year, on a paid basis.

For instance, Nikon used to refuse any service for grey market gear in the past, although they changed their policies for D750 recently.

I did not have a chance to hear how Fuji handles that.

Edited by Maksim

All Fuji equipment ( aside from Instax) comes with an international guarantee and most local Fuji will honor this guarantee for a year, there is no reason to suppose that they wouldn’t repair your camera past the one year.

I am quite sure that there was and still is a difference between Nikon and Fuji due to the difference in their corporate structure. As far as I know you can even send the camera to repair in another country (of course shipping is more expensive).

Anyway, when in doubt, call them 

http://warranty.fujifilm-digital.com/contact

If B&H is reputable, buy it. For my experience, at least here where I live, the importers, during the years, earned two or three bunch of money with the "story" of the warranty. Then, finally, with the EU laws, many shops and websites started selling the same stuff, always with one or two years warranty, at half of the price.

Here in Indonesia, they are charging twice as much for services for cameras and lenses not bought in the country.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

My grey market 27mm was €180. I gladly took the risk of having to pay for service. I have had it for over a year now, and no sign of any problems so far.

Grey market doesn't mean there is a greater chance for problem.  It isn't the same as a refurbished item.  It simply has to do with the flow of product for suppliers/country and the joint effort of warranty support to promote buyers purchasing in their own country.  (at least how I understand it)