• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ranjan

Ranjan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Hi folks,

I have two related questions regarding the X-E2s.

1. It seems that for shooting movies, the only way to do so is to assign one of the function buttons since there does not seem to be a menu option or other way to toggle movies on and off.

2. I was hoping that the function key assignment would get saved with the custom sets but it does not seem to be the case and the function key assignments are shared by all custom sets, in other words are independent of the custom sets.

Is there any way of not using the function keys to toggle the movie-on/off operation? Is this the case with other fuji cameras as well: T1, Pro2, T20, T2...?

Thanks,

Ranjan

#2 yukosteel

yukosteel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationBellevue, WA

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:40 AM

It's same behavior across Fuji X cameras, you can only use functional button to on/off Movie recording

X-T1 Movie button initially was dedicated to do that. Only in later FW updates that button become function (with some delay though).

And yes, Fuji "custom setting" set only stores limited amount of settings mostly related to image tweaks. I'd better name it "custom film settings" for less confusion : )

Another brands like Nikon/Panasonic/etc. can store full set of overall camera settings in their "custom set", which I'd name "custom camera settings".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: function, movie, customized set, custom set

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close