• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mlivshin

mlivshin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

I have good news: I called in repair facility and was told HSS is coming to flashes and Air Radio controllers before May.

To the question what caused this delay I was told Nissin wanted to ensure HSS is fully compliant with Radio Air1 (now new Air1s as well) controllers and NAS.   

I am taking it with grain of salt as I'd like to see it to believe it but at least it is something to hope for.

Edited by mlivshin, 20 March 2017 - 03:28 PM.

#2 mlivshin

mlivshin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:15 PM

Okay! Finally - the HSS saga is over. Couple of weeks ago I've sent my i60A (i have 2 of these) and i40 to New Hampshire to do a flash firmware update. They came back and work flawlessly TTL/HSS ever since :)

Very happy there.

And now - Air1 came back with the updated firmware and TTL/HSS enabled and the system is complete.

It took a while to get there but system I've always wanted ever since I switched from ridiculously fabulous Nikon CLS to Fuji has finally been materialized. The Saga is finally over. 

Now no more excuses - go out and shoot :) Nothing is stopping you. Not even 1/4000/s with f1.2 at ISO 250 without ND filter :)  

• Aswald, Curiojo and elmacus like this

#3 Aswald

Aswald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:45 AM

Wow...that is GREAT news! Thanks for the updates.

#4 elmacus

elmacus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:45 AM

Waiting for mine i60 to upgrade. Sent it in a week ago.

#5 heliosfan

heliosfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:29 AM

Anyone upgraded their i40 yet?

How do you activate HSS after the FW upgrade, like before with the "hidden"/"secret" button press ?

#6 Therapeuo63

Therapeuo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:58 AM

I looks like Nissin Digital announced yesterday that all new units for Fuji will be shipped with HSS enabled.  I'm looking forward to trying these,

#7 wujetz

wujetz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:12 PM

Anyone upgraded their i40 yet?

How do you activate HSS after the FW upgrade, like before with the "hidden"/"secret" button press ?

I updated it - no need to activate HSS anymore by the button presses, just set your camera flash settings to "FP" and it will automatically sync in HSS mode... It works both in TTL and M modes on my X-T1...

• heliosfan likes this

#8 heliosfan

heliosfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:42 PM

I updated it - no need to activate HSS anymore by the button presses, just set your camera flash settings to "FP" and it will automatically sync in HSS mode... It works both in TTL and M modes on my X-T1...

Wow! Like in the good old days. Not bad! Also in M mode, that is great! I think I will send my i40 in for an update then :)

#9 Therapeuo63

Therapeuo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

Can it be used for HSS in non-TLL (i.e., manual mode)?

#10 mlivshin

mlivshin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:36 AM

Can it be used for HSS in non-TLL (i.e., manual mode)?

Yes. In fact newly announced Air10s goes one step further and will have a feature of capturing TTL-based data output setting, translating it into Manual-based output and saving it. Now you can have your cake and eat it too ;)

• Curiojo likes this

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close