I really resent asking questions on the internet as I always do my research and reach a definitive answer. Really do need this community's help.
What I need:
- I need to use EF-X500, off-camera with HSS. I will be covering an event (a massive event, I'm one of the eight photographers to cover it) that will last a whole week, and have only time until Monday to get my equipment sorted.
What I can/will NOT do and explanations:
- Can't buy a second EF-X500 — I would just to be over with this but I don't have the funds.
- Won't use a Canon TTL cord — I have had two actually and it's the most unreliable thing ever; Chinese knock-offs, of course. Where I am, I don't have the option to actually purchase an original Canon cord because they just do not exist here. I've looked.
- Can't buy into the Cactus family — Again, they don't exist in this country. And, funnily enough, I can't just order one (or two) off the internet because it will 90% get lost at the border. I've had this happen to me countless times since I was a child. Great place, I know.
- Can't use ND filters — I know, they mathematically produce similar results. But they are too cumbersome and I will never have the time to juggle those whilst shooting inside and outside, constantly.
- Which triggers are known to be able to relay HSS signal to EF-X500 reliably? Aside from Cactus.
HSS is vital in this coverage. I'm on the brink of renting a Canon 5D Mark III and get over with it but I don't want to, I love my X-Pro2 too much, I consistently produce fantastic photography using it, it's what I'm used to. I really do loathe large cameras that look and operate like a Playstation; I just want to shape light, make pictures and forget about the camera. Fujifilm helps me achieve this.
Thanks for reading and... have I said this? I need your help.